The game should be balanced around rank 1 not balancing the game around rank 20

I've looked at the upcoming updates, I just don't understand the reason for them. It appears that they are balancing the game around new players, but DBD doesn't take long to learn compared to other games. There are many tutorials on youtube, which are easy for new players to learn. I started playing in July 2018, I got to rank 1 both as a survivor and as a killer in September 2018. at that point I hadn't even reached devotion 1.

First, Hex:Ruin in it's current state in my opinion isn't even that good of a perk against good survivors (not every survivor in red ranks is good). I've stopped using Hex:Ruin at red ranks, and when I play survivor I just ignore ruin as I can consistently hit great skill checks. In my opinion Ruin didn't need a nerf, and I'm a survivor main.

When I first heard about the Doctor rework I was hoping it was going to be like a Freddy style rework, to buff a ridiculously weak killer. The reason the Doctor should get reworked is due to how unfun he is to play as rather than being unfun to play against. To be honest the only survivors that find him annoying are new players and survivors who aren't very good. When I go against a Doctor I don't think to myself that this killer is annoying, instead it's a killer that I can easily loop without having play that well (even against good killer players).

I do not know if it's true but I've heard they are removing the ability to see the end game rankings. I have no idea why they are doing this. I personally like to what the ranks are of my opponents, as well as my team mates when I play survivor. It's a nice feeling when I see at the end of the game whether that killer or survivor that I outplayed was a rank 2. If they hide the end game rankings of players, I won't know how well I actually played. Due to matchmaking I won't know whether I played well against a rank 2 or the reason I played well was due to the other player being a rank 10.

Finally the Lery's rework. I personally hate the Lery's map, it's by far my least favourite map to play on both as a survivor and as a killer. I could see it just getting a Springwood style rework, where it just makes different variants of the same map. Increasing the chance that I'll be playing on my least favourite map. If the Lery's map gets a total rework, the last two maps (Haddonfield and the new Yamaoka map) haven't been great either. So my expectations of what the Lery's rework is low, but I will have to wait and see.

Comments

  • I agree. But first ranks need fixed. 60 percent of rank 1s play like rank 20s

  • @goat10em said:

    I agree. But first ranks need fixed. 60 percent of rank 1s play like rank 20s

    Yesterday I played a handful of games at rank 1, where the only generators that were being completed were by me, whilst the randoms were too busy looking for ruin. That doesn't make ruin an "OP" perk it just means the other survivors aren't very good with their time management and need to instead just ignore ruin.