Tome 2 release
I've heard somewhere saying that tome 2 will release when the old one ends. But the devs said that it will release at the mid chapter. Does this mean that the mid chapter is Jan.7th or are they just wrong about tome 2 release after the 1st tome?
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
I think, don't quote me, Tomb II will be a separate update then the mid-chapter patch because there's no way they will skip a PTB just to launch the Archives faster. ๐
I hope it comes on the 7th. That would be cool. So with the archives, are they going to scrap the 4 out now when new ones come out? Or just add page 5?
The new Tome won't arrive on the 7th. The devs have stated that we should expect each new Tome and new Rift to release alongside a mid-chapter patch (https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/welcome-to-the-archives).
I believe that the Tomes/Rifts are due to release every 90 days, meaning that there would be roughly a 3-week gap between the closing of this Rift and the opening of the next one. This would place the release date of the next Rift/Tome, and presumably the mid-chapter patch as well, on 28 January. However, this is not an officially confirmed date, just my speculation, so take it with a grain of salt. Generally speaking though, late January seems like a safe bet for when we can expect the next Tome/Rift release.
EDIT: I'm sure I read that 90 days thing somewhere official, but I can't seem to find an official source anywhere that mentions an exact number. So make that a very large grain of salt.
As I mentioned above, it won't be coming out on the 7th, it will be coming out alongside the mid-chapter patch which will probably release a few weeks later.
When the new Tome comes out, the current one and all the challenges contained therein, along with the lore fragments, bloodpoints and charm rewards, will stay active. You'll still be able to complete challenges and earn rewards, and you'll still be able to revisit the lore you've already unlocked and read or watch it again. The only thing that will change is that these challenges will no longer reward Rift Fragments once the current Rift closes.