How do we feel about.....

Killers that camp every hook? Not all, but some. Will camp. Every. Single. Hook.

Comments

  • Bored, because I just get to press M1 at gens and if I'm on hook I just struggle till death.

  • Do gens and move on, doesn't happen enough to really matter. Not to mention there are perks to counter this completely.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I rarely see this happen so I'm fairly indifferent.

    If you're the survivor on the hook in that situation, it is pretty frustrating but as @Blueberry said, doing generators and moving on is the best way to go about it.

    I think the discrepancies we find with some people having this happen all the time and people like us saying it's rare comes from our definitions of "camping".

    The frustration we are referring to is like a straight on face camp, where he's right in front of your face on the hook and ignoring everyone no matter what. These situations are extremely rare and when they do happen it's generally because the survivor was toxic.

    I think that a lot of the "camping" scenarios people refer to are situations where the killer doesn't go extremely far from the hook and keeps checking back on it. I have zero problems with this scenario as they are definitely savable even without running certain perks. A lot of these situations go bad because of player error and not making a good save.

    In other words many peoples definitions of "camping" are far too broad and many of those camping scenarios really aren't camping. There is simply a lack of skill and self agency in the person and it's easier to make excuses or blame others than admit they messed up or could have done something better that would have made the save possible.

    Not saying this is always the case, just generally what I find.

    My experience with this topic anyway.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/962576#Comment_962576

    I think the discrepancies we find with some people having this happen all the time and people like us saying it's rare comes from our definitions of "camping".

    The frustration we are referring to is like a straight on face camp, where he's right in front of your face on the hook and ignoring everyone no matter what. This situations are extremely rare and when they do happen it's generally because the survivor was toxic.

    I think that a lot of the "camping" scenarios people refer to are situations where the killer doesn't go extremely far from the hook and keeps checking back on it. I have zero problems with this scenario as they are definitely savable even without running certain perks. A lot of these situations go bad because of player error and not making a good save.

    In other words many peoples definitions of "camping" are far too broad and many of those camping scenarios really aren't camping. There is simply a lack of skill and self agency in the person and it's easier to make excuses or blame others than admit they messed up or could have done something better that would have made the save possible.

    My experience with this topic anyway.

    Game just started, I dont think I was being toxic?

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/962596#Comment_962596

    I entirely agree. A lot of players I see complaining about camping have quite a skewed and biased idea about what constitutes as camping.

    The problem seems to arise from the definition of the word rather than killers playing in a problematic way.

    I guess everyone has their own definition of camping then. Every hook, with one I'd the killers as an example, was standing in everyone's face and smacking them. And this was every hook. Maybe new to killer?

  • If the killer camps (happened to me today) and my team is going for the save I just kill myself as fast as possible and move on with my life

    Bubba's are the best in destroying my games tbh

  • Almost never happens so I don't really care. I'll struggle for as long as I can if my teammates are on gens and if they're all swarming for the save I'll just kill myself.