Free Weekend or Poor Matchmaking?
So, I've been noticing lately during my matchmaking that there almost seems to exclusively have Rank 15 killers, and generally survivors with similar ranks to theirs.
My rank? 7. Purple ranks. Paired with Yellows and the occasional low Green.
Is there a free weekend that I didn't know about, or is this the matchmaking system working "as intended" like when I had a 3 paired with a 19 and 20, against a 2?
Not saying that I don't like bullying baby killers with stealth and actual game knowledge, more that I don't like to do it every game. That's what the smurf account is for.
Comments
There's a general lack of killers in the higher ranks is the issue. Red rank survivors take the killers that generally should be matched with your rank while the 15s end up matched with you since you don't have killers of your rank. Killers have a bad time facing survivors completely out of their league and stop playing killer and self-fulfilling prophecy almost: some survivors have gone to the quicker queue side.
Good to know.
That being said, though, I wouldn't be complaining if they were Green killers that I was facing, and it's more that 15 is pretty much the "tutorial over" of the ranking system.
I would also consider just ranking up, but matches are hard enough to find, and Red rank killers tend to be *cough* less favourable people to be around.
And another thing would be a lot of players who only play during bloodhunt are appearing. And since a couple rank resets happened this means they'll be around those ranks