Insta lobby as killer, waiting for ages as survivor.
Killer gameplay, especially at red ranks, is too annoying and draining. And rank reset no longer fixes this.
No more hope.
Killer gameplay, especially at red ranks, is too annoying and draining. And rank reset no longer fixes this.
No more hope.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I get red rank killers once every 8,9 matches there is a big lackluster of red ranks for obvious reasons
I got tremendous wait time both ways or the lobbies build themselves like there is survivor and killer and after short whiles one by one they join....
What are your ranks tho?
oh I know playing killer is always and I mean always too easy or too hard :P
I think it is more like this.
Just to summarize: According to Tofu, the Queue Times are because of the SWF-change. More players are in the Red Rank Pool than before, because they get dragged by their Red Rank Friends. Meanwhile, in lower Ranks, the Queue times increase for Killers, because those matches are not available for them anymore, since they are in the Red Rank Pool.
And I would agree on that.
At least, it is not because less Killers are playing the game because it is annoying or draining. I highly doubt that Thousands of Killer players decide at the same time to not play Killer anymore, because the Queue Times got long basically instantly.
(The new Rank Reset System is still Bullshit btw)
The reasons i meant are cause of the clear unbalance that happens when you reach higher ranks and how fast gens are done. But @Aven_Fallen has a really nice explanation aswell and it probably is true tbh i just still feel like killers maybe didn't quit but rather don't play further than purple ranks,and then the matchmaking pool cause of lack of red ranks chooses lower ranked killers
Tofus theory about SWF could be part of it, but I seriously think the bigger factor is in fact less killers now. I used to play 75% killer and now I’ve flipped it, some days I only wanna play survivor and only play killer if the survivor queues are sooo sooo bad or if I have multiple killer dailies.
Playing killer in red ranks is not fun, anyone who belongs in red ranks will force the chase to be about a minute at least which means 2-3 gens popping. Having all 5 gens done by the tint I’ve hooked 3 people once is no fun sorry. And no I don’t just need to git gud, there is a clear Imbalance at red ranks. I’ve been in so many sooo survivor games lately where I never even see the killer because my teammates are so good at looping. Doing five gens and leaving is boring AF honestly.
I have no numbers to back it up, but then again neither do people who say “killers haven’t quit playing.”
This is probably the reason. Not sure why people think so many killers suddenly stopped playing. The game is almost the same, why is it too annoying for killers now? It's not like everyone was playing nurse either so that reason is pretty stupid in my opinion.
The new matchmaking system and the new rank reset are only hurting the game and causing these issues.
Red ranks are filled with potato survivors and they are never leaving those ranks thanks to the new rank reset. Basically any survivor can get to red ranks with enough time, and they will stay there now. There are way too many survivors at red ranks at the moment.
New survivors have to play at the top ranks and get destroyed if they want to play with their experienced friends. Really good change to keep new players by the way BHVR. I know 3 people that are never going to touch the game again because they can't play with me anymore.
Killers at low ranks also have to wait around 15 minutes to find matches (which will also make new people instantly stop playing). So many survivors that should be in those ranks are now playing at higher ranks for no reason and there aren't enough survivors at low ranks anymore.