I actually quite like the fact it is so difficult to communicate. Many a time I have pointed "the killer is over there", and then watched as the Meg responds by running straight to the killer.
I'd like the devs to invest their resources in something that actually benefits DBD's health,you know ๐
Also,it would probably ruin the horror atmosphere a bit ...
It could also benefit the horror atmosphere if the emotes are correct. Taunting dances would not, I agree :) but a panic movement like "hide" and you don't know where to go because of a stealth killer might be pretty cool.
Stuff like this is pretty rare right now and could increase with some proper designed emotes:
I'd love to see more emotes, as long as they're within the spirit of the game and implemented to aid communication between survivors. Something like "be careful", "good idea/good job/thanks" or "don't do that".
You have to be careful putting stuff like this in the game, because you don't want to encourage players to abuse emotes as taunts.
I'd love to see more emotes, as long as they're within the spirit of the game and implemented to aid communication between survivors. Something like "be careful", "good idea/good job/thanks" or "don't do that".
You have to be careful putting stuff like this in the game, because you don't want to encourage players to abuse emotes as taunts.
True, a "dont do that" emote would be great (Haunted Ground totems why would you break them when there's clearly no other hex)
Like, I totally imagine your character making a cross with their arms to say "NO"
emotes should stay relevant, not end up being taunts
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I actually quite like the fact it is so difficult to communicate. Many a time I have pointed "the killer is over there", and then watched as the Meg responds by running straight to the killer.
Ah, fun times!
It could also benefit the horror atmosphere if the emotes are correct. Taunting dances would not, I agree :) but a panic movement like "hide" and you don't know where to go because of a stealth killer might be pretty cool.
Stuff like this is pretty rare right now and could increase with some proper designed emotes:
https://clips.twitch.tv/GentleDepressedStinkbugUnSane
I'd love to see more emotes, as long as they're within the spirit of the game and implemented to aid communication between survivors. Something like "be careful", "good idea/good job/thanks" or "don't do that".
You have to be careful putting stuff like this in the game, because you don't want to encourage players to abuse emotes as taunts.
I wouldn't mind, but I feel like I have the gestures I need when I play Surv.
True, a "dont do that" emote would be great (Haunted Ground totems why would you break them when there's clearly no other hex)
Like, I totally imagine your character making a cross with their arms to say "NO"
emotes should stay relevant, not end up being taunts
I'd love to see a shrug emote for normal use. I also wouldn't mind a ######### you emote that you could use on hook for camping killers or farmers.
I would want simple emotes that have a purpose. Eg: a "stop" emote.
I would not want taunts, dancing, or other goofy stuff.