3 gen strategy?

Just curious if this is a popular strategy or not.

Killers do you look at the map at the start and try to lock down maybe 4 or 5 gennys all game. Or do you start patrolling all gens right away and take it as it comes?

Comments

  • @Clevite said:

    Just curious if this is a popular strategy or not.

    Killers do you look at the map at the start and try to lock down maybe 4 or 5 gennys all game. Or do you start patrolling all gens right away and take it as it comes?

    It depends on what killer I'm playing, some like hag and trapper are best at the three gen because they give up pressure setting up.

    Sometimes if 2 or 3 gens pop I'll look what I have left and try to force it if survivors have done their gens poorly. Best case scenario is that it never gets that far... but you gotta have a backup plan.

  • if the map itself is already based around 3 gen, like azarov's resting place, then yes, I keep those 3 gens. Otherwise I just play the game and try to 3 gen only if survivors split the map. Some gens also are in trash position and should always be left (like grim pantry, where completing the gen actually helps the killer).