Legion buffs.

Hello How are everybody? I hope you have happy holidays. I play with legion since they came on PTB then live and now again and, even if they are not as bad as some people claim, legion can use some love. Basically my idea is making base legion better but that would lead to "nerf" some add-ons. Also, if you see a drafting error feel free to correct me or if you want to give me tips about how to improve my drafting I will apreciate it.

I will write first about feral frenzy and about how to make deep wound "better", wich will be an indirect buff to legion. I will take info directly from the wiki (link below):

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/F._J._S._J.

Feral frenzy

At the moment, legion speed when walking is 115% (wich is the faster while walking), when using feral frenzy the speed is 130% and his terror radius is 32 meters. The Feral Frenzy stun is 4 seconds at the moment

Now, Feral Frenzy is a non lethal power, so Why don't make him faster? After all is not like you're gaining much of an advantage with a 4 second stun. I think making Feral Frenzy a bit fast would improve it.

My ideas about how to improve it: The movement speed should be 140% or 145% (5,6 m/s or 5,8 m/s) while in Feral Frenzy, in that way we won't need to be so add-ons reliant (of course, that means the add-ons who makes Feral Frenzy longer should be looked at).

Missing hits: At the moment if we miss a hit, our power is fully depleted and we are forced to being into the 4 s. stun. That was made to prevent the "hit in the air" legion (wich was annoying to hear)

I was thinking, instead of depleting all the power gauge, a missing hit should deplete 1/3 of the full power gauge, in that way we grant that a missed hit wouldn't end our power.

Deep Wound

We need to talk about which is the idea behind deep wound. When Legion came out at PTB, deep wound was in a better spot. Deep Wound idea was being non lethal, but if you don't mend, it slowy turns into something lethal. Also, I know it's hard to apply logic into a game but if you're bleeding... Would running stop the bleeding? I don't think so

How to "fix" it and prevent to being abused at the same time? The Deep Wound timer should be longer, but whether you're running or standing the timer will still run, meaning deep wound will remain being unlethal but gradually will be lethal if you don't mend, wich was the original idea behind it.

I know what you're going to say "But that will bring an old problem when the legion just followed you until you went down" . That's why the deep wound timer should be increased and the "Stab Wounds Study" should be nerfed (just a bit).

Thank you for taking your time to read this, I would love to know your opinions about it and again, happy holidays and happy new year to everyone.

Comments

  • Deep wounds are fine as they are. Movement speed is too fast then. Missed attacks stunning you is part of the Legion playstyle, having to be careful and precise. I guess it could be changed with little consequence though. Just my thoughts.

  • All discussions about killer nerf/buff is pointless until into dev team join one real "killer player". For now dev team who balance killer side is swarmed by "grey plebs". 

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Deep wounds are fine as they are. Movement speed is too fast then. Missed attacks stunning you is part of the Legion playstyle, having to be careful and precise. I guess it could be changed with little consequence though. Just my thoughts.

    Deep wound is not fine, it is very weak, we need to think that Legion's power basically is deep wound . The movement speed will be only for feral frenzy and it wouldn't be as fast as you think, the stun is not fine either, you loss 4 secs if you fail... and the power will deplete, even wraith power is better than that.

  • @Saitamfed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/956297#Comment_956297

    Deep wound is not fine, it is very weak, we need to think that Legion's power basically is deep wound . The movement speed will be only for feral frenzy and it wouldn't be as fast as you think, the stun is not fine either, you loss 4 secs if you fail... and the power will deplete, even wraith power is better than that.

    I agreed with the missed attack change. Deep wounds is fine because it keeps survivors from gens/healing. The movement speed could be faster I guess but then Wraith would be very outclassed.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/956615#Comment_956615

    I agreed with the missed attack change. Deep wounds is fine because it keeps survivors from gens/healing. The movement speed could be faster I guess but then Wraith would be very outclassed.

    The Wraith one was an example to make my point. About the faster speed, it's because sometimes you literally don't gain anything if you do the maths. Yes, you're faster but with the 4 second stun, you reach far if you go walking normally. So, in this way you will have an actual advantage for using your power.

    Anyway, I think the "legion pin" is a bit strong for being a rare add-on

  • @Oshi said:

    All discussions about killer nerf/buff is pointless until into dev team join one real "killer player". For now dev team who balance killer side is swarmed by "grey plebs". 

    Actually... @Peanits and @not_Queen uses to play killer but I understand that balance it's a hard thing to do, so giving them ideas will help them to improve balance, a better balance can be translated in an improvement of game's health. Of course, I know that I, sometimes don't take things into account an some other players tell me "but that's too strong because X" and they are right.

    Sometimes giving an idea to a dev could lead that the same dev have another idea who is based in that idea you gave, perhaps it's not your idea but... it's good to know that the inspiration came from your idea.