Unhooking survivors as a killer

Sometimes there's a survivor that gets hooked and no one goes to save him letting him die from the first hook.

Or, this happened to me a few times, I was farming as a killer and doing challenges, they understood that I was farming, yet they left a survivor behind dying on the hook and I really liked that survivor, he was good and didn't deserve to die like that.

I think it would be nice as killer to have the possibility to unhook survivors. Even if I'd suffer some penalties like winning no bps or losing pips I'd like to have this possibility.

What do you think?

Did you ever wish you could unhook somebody?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I think that would be fine, but the survivor would need to get like a Borrowed Time on mega steroids plus a free DS. Otherwise killers could easily abuse it.

  • I mean, doesn't this kinda go against the 'Killer' role? I get where your coming from. The amount of times I've seen a bunch of randoms just run out and abandon their friend to the hook in EGC. Or, myself to the same randoms. Maybe if they could possibly boost the 4% unhook chance in EGC to give a lone survivor more chance to free themselves

  • @PistolTimb said:

    I think that would be fine, but the survivor would need to get like a Borrowed Time on mega steroids plus a free DS. Otherwise killers could easily abuse it.

    Why would someone abuse it if they would suffer some penalties? 🤷

  • If this is going to be added, we should also add a hug emote for all killers so they can squeeze their favorite survivor...

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    I mean, doesn't this kinda go against the 'Killer' role? I get where your coming from. The amount of times I've seen a bunch of randoms just run out and abandon their friend to the hook in EGC. Or, myself to the same randoms. Maybe if they could possibly boost the 4% unhook chance in EGC to give a lone survivor more chance to free themselves

    It kinda does but there are cases when I would prefer to lose then let some nice player die.

    And that 4% works only for the first hook.

  • @Ralu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954780#Comment_954780

    Why would someone abuse it if they would suffer some penalties? 🤷

    People get penalties (pips) for camping and they still do it. Guarantee people would hook, unhook, then eat the ds or get another free hook on them.

  • Then killers could Mori a survivor if they could take them off. I understand the meaning behind this but killers can abuse this. If this were to happen then survivors need a BT or something so the killer can't hit them off the bat after unhooking them. If this became a perk with a cool down and something to benefit the killer. Then I'll like this.