Make healing others grant them survival points/Buff autodidact/buff fixated.

Granting others survival points for being healed will do the following =

  • make it easier to delay gens and promote a healthier playstyle as people want survival points
  • fill up a hard to fill category points wise.
  • make it preferential to find another player to heal you rather then selfcaring in the corner of the map just to get a few survival points/whilst wasting the teams time. (basically encourages players to be time efficent/whilst also still wasting time for the killer to set up/give them time to actually kill you rather then doing gens.

Buffing autodidact. i feel the best way to Buff autodidact is to make it apply whilst using a medkit and to the players own charecter (however with independant stacks, ie healing other players will not give you stacks for healing your self and vice versa.) It should however apply a hidden cap in the background to prevent "instant skillchecks" that allow one, once gaining high autodidact stacks for themselves, to heal in a chase at a pallet.

  • encourages healing builds (which wastes time for survivors/whilst buffing their chances of survivors, drawing out the match and giving the killer precious time)
  • Allows it more synergy with prexisting perks
  • allows it to be far less limiting in nature

Buffing fixated will make it more useful in a chase/allow for zooming scooter survivors which would be fun,whilst also buffing the stealth playstyle. Allow it to be used whilst *injured* and whilst *crouched*.

  • Buffs stealth playstyle and if paired with urban evasion, thats two crucial perk slots not being used for more "meta perks" like Ds, adrenaline, exhaustion perks, iron will, and unbreakable etc.
  • Allows for more diversity of playstyle, and more mixes in builds
  • Allows it to become a neat counter to spirit. a higher tier killer
  • literally no downside to this really just please do it i really like the walk speed increase and the ability to fool people that it gives me when there unaware.

Comments

  • I think Autodidact would be perfect if it simply increased skilcheck odds, and thats it. It doesnt really need to work with medkits.

    As for Fixated, it shouldnt work while crouched. You would be making Urban Evasion completely useless. Im fine with it working while injured.

  • @PigNRun said:

    I think Autodidact would be perfect if it simply increased skilcheck odds, and thats it. It doesnt really need to work with medkits.

    As for Fixated, it shouldnt work while crouched. You would be making Urban Evasion completely useless. Im fine with it working while injured.

    +1

  • @PigNRun said:

    I think Autodidact would be perfect if it simply increased skilcheck odds, and thats it. It doesnt really need to work with medkits.

    As for Fixated, it shouldnt work while crouched. You would be making Urban Evasion completely useless. Im fine with it working while injured.

    Medkits can increase skillcheck odds. plus if made this way, it pushes you into a certain build, making you very good at healing, but unable to flashlight blind, or have increased gen speeds etc... you dig?

    ^

    Simply increaseing skillcheck odds at base, whilst it would make it more useful, would also allow it to be at base used with other powerful perks and make it akin to unbreakable - useable in any build as a powerful game changer.

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953203#Comment_953203

    Medkits can increase skillcheck odds. plus if made this way, it pushes you into a certain build, making you very good at healing, but unable to flashlight blind, or have increased gen speeds etc... you dig?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953204#Comment_953204

    ^

    Simply increaseing skillcheck odds at base, whilst it would make it more useful, would also allow it to be at base used with other powerful perks and make it akin to unbreakable - useable in any build as a powerful game changer.

    But I dont want to use an item to use a perk effectively.

  • I agree that Survival Points Category it's pretty empty, my idea is, Self-healing skillchecks counts as survival rather than altruism, and escaping from killer should be survival, the chased time should still be boldness, however escaping should be survival.

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953277#Comment_953277

    But I dont want to use an item to use a perk effectively.

    BK exists though. Streetwise too. Saboteur as well.

  • Ah yes my favorite perk, Burger King.

    (I'm sorry)

    Aside from my response, also contributing to the post, I agree on autodidact skill check odds, but also I would like a bit smaller checks.

    Fixated also is really interesting, I wont be using it tho.

  • What does that have to do with what I was saying? Those are perks which enhance items. This suggestion makes Autodidact actually reliable requiring an item, something that should be BASEKIT.

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/953952#Comment_953952

    What does that have to do with what I was saying? Those are perks which enhance items. This suggestion makes Autodidact actually reliable requiring an item, something that should be BASEKIT.

    BK is actually really good on its own and combos well with other healing perks (ie self care etc)

    Thing is as i brought up before ^ Making higher skillchecks basekit will make it more inline with unbreakable and a hell of a lot more broken. Imagine bringing a purple toolbox, speed addons, unbreakable a reworked autodidact (expecially if it could self heal), bond/empathy and DS or adrenaline.... being able to heal nigh instantly after early game and pick yourself up if slugged. heal in a chase even, or heal in next to no time at all before the killer even comes. we've already seen how good we'll make it is but imagine that, paired with the autodidact as your saying. basically garunteed insta heals after early game whidh mind you had to be nerfed but you wouldn't have to even bring in an item for them to work.

    skillcheck odds at the moment are at about under or just at 10%/S i think off the top of my head. so raising that by 15%/20% to 25%/30% would be very broken.

    My suggestion would't make it reliable on an item. it would just give it huge synergy with items, and other healing perks allowing for more dedicated healing builds. yours would give it a potential 1/4 / 1/3 chance of triggering every second, which when at high stacks basically acts as a permanent instant heal.

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954692#Comment_954692

    BK is actually really good on its own and combos well with other healing perks (ie self care etc)

    Thing is as i brought up before ^ Making higher skillchecks basekit will make it more inline with unbreakable and a hell of a lot more broken. Imagine bringing a purple toolbox, speed addons, unbreakable a reworked autodidact (expecially if it could self heal), bond/empathy and DS or adrenaline.... being able to heal nigh instantly after early game and pick yourself up if slugged. heal in a chase even, or heal in next to no time at all before the killer even comes. we've already seen how good we'll make it is but imagine that, paired with the autodidact as your saying. basically garunteed insta heals after early game whidh mind you had to be nerfed but you wouldn't have to even bring in an item for them to work.

    skillcheck odds at the moment are at about under or just at 10%/S i think off the top of my head. so raising that by 15%/20% to 25%/30% would be very broken.

    My suggestion would't make it reliable on an item. it would just give it huge synergy with items, and other healing perks allowing for more dedicated healing builds. yours would give it a potential 1/4 / 1/3 chance of triggering every second, which when at high stacks basically acts as a permanent instant heal.

    First off, Autodidact doesnt work on yourself, and only on healing skillchecks. You cant heal during chase. And if two Survivors are doing this, this means two Survivors not on their main objective and most likely failing the chase and giving free pressure to the Killer.

    Secondly, if it worked with medkits, you wouldnt be changing this situation at all. That situation (which I disagree it would happen at all), those "mid-chase insta-heals", would still happen. You arent preventing them by attaching it to an item.

    I am a frequent user of Autodidact, sometimes with Spine Chill, sometimes without it. In its current state, it rarely ever makes a difference, if not being a hindrance. I can assure slightly increased chances of triggering skillchecks as part of the perk itself wouldnt be game breaking. Usually I end up with 3 stacks, and if I get 5 stacks, the match is usually over by then. Giving up a perk slot for at most a single quick altruism health state with massive build time isnt OP at all.

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954841#Comment_954841

    First off, Autodidact doesnt work on yourself, and only on healing skillchecks. You cant heal during chase. And if two Survivors are doing this, this means two Survivors not on their main objective and most likely failing the chase and giving free pressure to the Killer.

    Secondly, if it worked with medkits, you wouldnt be changing this situation at all. That situation (which I disagree it would happen at all), those "mid-chase insta-heals", would still happen. You arent preventing them by attaching it to an item.

    I am a frequent user of Autodidact, sometimes with Spine Chill, sometimes without it. In its current state, it rarely ever makes a difference, if not being a hindrance. I can assure slightly increased chances of triggering skillchecks as part of the perk itself wouldnt be game breaking. Usually I end up with 3 stacks, and if I get 5 stacks, the match is usually over by then. Giving up a perk slot for at most a single quick altruism health state with massive build time isnt OP at all.

    When I was talking about using on self, I was in reference to my own rework of it above. I assumed you meant in addition to it. That being said granting extra skillchecks just seems like the more boring option to me personally and I still feel giving it greater synergy with perks and items would be the more healthy method for the game.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    Fixated shouldn’t work while crouched, but it should work while injured. I don’t understand why it doesn’t. We already went over this with Urban Evasion, when it didn’t work while injured.

    Yeah I don't know why it can't be used whilst injured either. Though I'd like one good reason why fixated shouldn't be given whilst crouched - besides the fact that urban evasion does a similar effect. Sure you'd be able to stack them together but that would just lead to greater stealth builds which are heavily underused and not at all powerful atm.

  • @Maelstrom10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954919#Comment_954919

    When I was talking about using on self, I was in reference to my own rework of it above. I assumed you meant in addition to it. That being said granting extra skillchecks just seems like the more boring option to me personally and I still feel giving it greater synergy with perks and items would be the more healthy method for the game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954935#Comment_954935

    Yeah I don't know why it can't be used whilst injured either. Though I'd like one good reason why fixated shouldn't be given whilst crouched - besides the fact that urban evasion does a similar effect. Sure you'd be able to stack them together but that would just lead to greater stealth builds which are heavily underused and not at all powerful atm.

    The perk is already very fun to use (I can fur sure tell you that). A "boring"/simple solution to a fun perk wont make the perk boring. As for "game health", on the contrary, simple solutions are usually the best ones.

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/955108#Comment_955108

    The perk is already very fun to use (I can fur sure tell you that). A "boring"/simple solution to a fun perk wont make the perk boring. As for "game health", on the contrary, simple solutions are usually the best ones.

    i don't need to be told how fun it is to use... i myself use it. and it is fair enough to disagree.I'm just trying to get my thoughts across on the matter haha. I can just personally see why the devs are apprehensive towards just increasing skill checks with autodidact