Pressure as a Stealth Killer?
I'm someone who likes to play the stealthy killers in Dead by Daylight, but some recent games have had a serious problem for me: I can't seem to apply enough pressure to competent survivors.
I don't know if this is an inherent problem to stealth killers in general, or if this is just a me problem. What are some of the ways that I could add more pressure?
Currently Rank 12 Killer, versing occasional low Purple and an alarming amount of low-mid Greens playing like they're mid-Purple lately. Green ranks are funny, since they're either recent Yellow potatoes, or Mid-Purple dropouts.
Comments
Hit and run.
Sloppy + Thana.
@PigMainClaudette
I've made an entire guide to The Pig for something like this, but I'm on mobile at the moment so... I'll sum it up for you.
Stealth Killers are inherently Mid-Tier to Low-Tier due to the issues that all M1 Killers face in chases. Despite GhostFace and Myers having literally no Terror Radius outside and inside some chases, they're still M1 Killers, so they're limited in what they can do.
For The Pig, she has some tools she can use in a chase to help. For one, in low wall to mid walled loops, you can use your dash attack to either mind-game or fool the Survivor into a hit/down. Some Survivors tend to either stick at the loop when you crouch or they run off to avoid the chance of being hit. If you know what they'll do, you can try for a dash attack by manipulating where you're turning to make them walk into you, OR you can crouch and have them run away from the loop and uncrouch to hit them normally.
Pigs RBTs (Reverse Bear Traps) are also effective in keeping Survivorx off generators. It's best to save them until your Ruin breaks OR 1 or 2 generators are completed. Once this happens, put the RBT on the next downed Survivor. This will keep them off generators and save you some time to down other Survivors.
Other simple tricks like moonwalking around corners to hide your light or mind-gaming vaults is what you should look into. I'll also link a video to the most common tiles (aka loops) in this game. It's best to learn these so you get an idea of how Survivors play.
Here's that video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p6QYjInzLeMGood luck!
Might have been a bit unclear, but it's more outside of the chase and the early game.
As Pig, I find that I personally have a massive snowball effect. Happens with a lot of my killers, but her especially. I've been playing her for about a year now.
Either I'm versing way less potatoes, or people understand "do the generators" more than they did.
I mean Survivors do change and improve, so do Killers as well.
If its early game and outside of chases, than you simply need to monitor far off generators more than close-by ones. Once you load in just go for the farthest generators to catch Survivors, they don't always spawn there 100% of the time, but it's usually where they'll be.
At the end of a chase you simply just do the same thing and try to box the Survivors into areas with no pallets but plenty of generators. It keeps them from easily running and looping for awhile AND makes those generators defenseless.
I suggest you do that, but if it's really an issue than use perks like Ruin, Surveillance, Brutal Strength, and Pop goes the weasel on her. Surveillance is especially good on Pig.
The best way to get pressure in the early game is early downs/hooks. As Pig, that means that you want to find a survivor (and possibly get a trap on their head, depending on your playstyle) ASAP. It's more challenging as a stealth killer, because none of them having any mobility-boosting powers. Whispers is a great perk on Pig, because you can use it to crouch efficiently - if the perk is inactive, don't bother crouching, because it makes you slower and there are no survivors close enough to hear your TR anyway.
At the start of the match, obviously you're likely to find survivors on generators. The advantage of stealth killers is they can often get a free first hit if they play their cards right and catch the survivor off-guard out in the open. If you hear a generator being worked on, use LOS blockers to get as close as you can without being seen, and then go in for the hit, which you'll usually get. If you're playing Myers or Ghostface, you might want to use this time to stalk them instead. For the second hit, obviously at that point all the rules of a normal chase apply, and you just want to get them downed and hooked as soon as you can to put pressure on the other survivors.
Do what I'm doing but better.
Good. It isn't entirely a me problem. It's a practice thing.
And Firehazard, I run Ruin, Surveillance, BBQ and Nurse's. I made a post on here explaining that Surveillance is better than Discordance for a majority of killers. XD
Than you should be fine, practice makes perfect!
Or something like that.