Genrush is real, Sweat with Friends* needs a hardcore nerf, and Killers need to relax!

* = Disclaimer before the swf defenders pile in to say that by itself I think swf is a great mode and people SHOULD be able to play with their friends BUT there is a HUGE difference between wanting to connect and play with friends and the mindset certain groups have of “hey gang, let’s try to make thIs killer miserable, ruin their fun, and rub it in their face for funsies.” And if you can’t see that, I question how you play the game.

I play on ps4 and ps4 has a built in party system so the number of swf groups are probably much more numerous than on pc. And boy howdy, they make it hard to enjoy/learn playing killer and even harder to play in larger doses (compared to survivor - which is oddly? a more relaxing walk in the park even as a solo.)

I am a low rank killer and I consistently face reds, purples and high greens as a yellow rank 16 killer - and mysteriously, the yellows and greys I get matched with definitely DO NOT play like yellows and greys. “But it’s a messed up matchmaker!” I hear the infamous cry, to which I say - maybe - but at which point do we stop to wonder if it’s wholly the matchmaker’s fault or MAYBE people are tired of this behavior and see little point in playing killer if they’re just the atmospheric piñata for survivors?

Last night, I was working on my killer challenges and I KID YOU NOT nearly every game had ttvs, yts, smurfs, and derankers and they were all HIGHLY coordinated with strong add ons and load outs and they banged out gens in record time before I had a chance to really do anything. It was exhausting. And ridiculous.

Killers are not afforded the relaxation, fluidity, and freedoms survivors are. You can’t make fun builds or experiment builds without anticipating getting your butt whooped (and not in the trial and error way either.) You’re in a constant state of alert and stress which I just find so ODD because that should be what the survivors feel but it’s NOT? The game itself even punishes Killers much more harshly for how they play vs survivor, which is SO EASY to rank up that surviving the trial is just gravy.

Are there unfair killer mechanics? Yes, and it sucks peanuts when you’re on the receiving end of such toxic behavior. But when survivors complain about certain things like noed and stuff - it makes me wonder if it ever occurs to them that maybe sometimes it might be a reaction to feeling powerless and wanting to take cathartic revenge on the survivors who didn’t play with respect? Although sometimes a jerk’s a jerk and they take pitiful joy in that for some sad reason (and if they play like a jerk, they’re probably a jerk everywhere else.)

TLDR - Killer needs to be more relaxing and enticing to play, and maybe if survivors want to sweat they should I don’t know, have to work hard for their survival?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • What do u mean holding m1 for 80 seconds is super stressful and hard and takes lot's of skill. And looping the killer is also hard On most maps I only have like 30 super safe pallets and 50 windows to work with it should at least be 60 pallets and 100 windows. And swf is way to weak like playing in a swf should reduce that amount of gens we need to do and increase the amount of pallets that spawn. Not to mention the killer has tons of op perks like unrelenting which lets the killer make so much mistakes and not get punished for it and mindbreaker is super broken why did BHVR think that making a perk that just let's you take away a perk is fine?!?!?!?!? Honestly this game is soooooo killer sided your just a lazy killer main that just wants easy 4k every game. /s

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/949898#Comment_949898

    And if a survivor main says "the game is balanced" it means the devs balanced it around four escapes and 30 second gen times.

    No I play slightly more survivor than killer and I think the game is pretty balanced rn. The truth is killers get stressed out more easily because they can't lean on others to help them out.

  • By relaxing I think you meant boring. If you want killers to sit around for a few minutes each match to "relax" you've got a special way of thinking.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/949941#Comment_949941

    I can't remember if ever I've seen a post about survivors complaining about wanting more escapes or shorter gen times.

    There are however half a dozen posts a day saying how OP survivors are and how everything they have needs nerfed even more or how gens need to be longer.

    I second this:

    There have been plenty of people saying survivors are OP and less people saying killer is OP. Not saying this is a bad thing, just supporting your opinion because I also see the trend as well. 😁

  • @PistolTimb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/949860#Comment_949860

    What rank are you at where the whole team gets wiped in a few minutes? Legit impossible unless everyone on the survivor team is seriously stupid enough to group up. Every map has a ton of safe pallets and/or windows, so there's no reason why good players should be downed so quickly. The survivors you're dreaming up are either laughably boosted, or intentionally screwing around for tome challenges.

    I’m currently rank 2, mostly paired with purple/red ranks, they’re not always the most optimal survivors but everyone tries their best, the killer is almost always a red rank and I’m not gonna lie more often than not they manage to kill everyone, I know ranks don’t mean ######### but a very skilled killer can change an entire game in their favor.

  • @Mellow7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/949860#Comment_949860

    Killer's don't control the pace of the match, it's on the survivors, if you're good but your team is doo doo then you're gonna probably lose but if at least 2 survivors are good then you have a way easier time. The way I see it when I play solo survivor is I'm more afraid of the survivors I get matched with rather than the killer, honestly bad teammates are the real killers in this game.

    Exactly.

  • is understandable after all survivors can rush their objective way too fast and easy, the killer cant do his objective remotely that fast, survivors should have another objective before starting to do gens.

1 2 ›