What is the point of having a report system?
Submitted report on a pair of losers intentionally body blocking and feeding killer, sent video and everything. What's the point to it, they don't ever enforce anything.... Literally in a match with the same two chumps again, and they are still doing it. Obviously the devs don't really give a crap, so why not just remove the whole system if your not going to enforce?
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
oh and for a time line it has been 2 weeks since initial report.
It makes people happy that they're filing a report thinking it would do something.
It's a win-win for BHVR. Make people happy with something imaginary while actually doing nothing.
Yeah, I can believe that.
So...? Do you want people permanently banned for first offenses or something?
Not at all, in fact I'd like to see any kind of actual attempt at penalizing toxic players, soft bans, heck a firm email stating something to the effect of don't do this, but again they don't do anything. Perm-bans are a last resort not a first.
I mean, I had someone banned just today for toxic chat, I can't link you the proof because it has the persons name in it but I can assure you they are banned.
the first ban is a 3 day, I can't see them banning some players for three days based on one report of body blocking, maybe if they racked up an insane amount they would but one game? unlikely.
I've gotta say, I'd greatly appreciate a simple popup on the menu like dota that says;
"Action has been taken against a player you reported."
Instead if we do an in depth report through support we get the copy pasted email;
"We will begin investigating. We will not remain in contact you."
It would just be nice to have SOME feedback that a report actually matters at all.
Yeah DOTA's system would be a welcome change, anything other than this no reply bs they have now.
Dude's claiming he got someone banned and knows it but heck I didn't even get an email saying thanks for the report, so for him to say he got someone banned but can't prove it is sketchy at best.
Go find my twitter, it's very easy I assure you.
This goes back to the whole time line from before, you're continuously saying they're on break, but they weren't on break two weeks ago. For one and for two, you mean to tell me it takes them 2+ weeks on average to even look at a ticket?! If that's true then you've just proved my point even more, the system is useless because BHVR doesn't care. They got our money and now they don't give a cap if toxic players ruin their game. Wouldn't surprise me if this game ends up like their last failed project, Deathgarden: Bloodharvest, player base was so toxic everyone quit after the first major update. They thought they could just keep us quiet with new cosmetics and a hunter, didn't work so well then, and I would hope they learn from it. Not looking to good though.
Dead by Daylight has been going on significantly longer than Deathgarden did, Deathgarden failed because it just wasn't fun for a lot of people, DBD is fun.
and like I've said, there is people constantly getting banned, sorry that all your reports don't take top priority and that everyone is banned as soon as you report them.
Also, again, if they body blocked once in a game they aren't going to ban anyone for that, it would take a lot of report for someone to banned for body blocking.
Do you have any idea how many tickets get send?
Especially this game were so many people send tickets for nonsensical issues like camping or looping
I'd be surprised if they were able to do it in less then 2 weeks
How do you know they didn't do anything if this is the first time you've seen the players in question since you reported them two weeks ago? For all you know, they could have received a warning or even a temporary ban in that time.
Obviously not; but increasing levels of punishment for continuous offenders
That's exactly what happens, again one body block in a match, he even said it's been 2 weeks since the report so how does he know they weren't punished?
Y'all keep leaving out the intentional feeding part, and you're right I don't know for certain that nothing was done. But I do know that whatever was done, if anything, didn't work, because they're doing it again. Also did some digging and found out these guys (including the killer in those matches) are all on each other's friends lists. So either they've got the most amazing luck, (or I have the crappiest) or they are somehow getting around the invite system as a killer. Can't prove it but makes the most sense, but that's all just speculation. My complaint is that if they are doing anything, there seems to be no effect or notification, not so much as a we're looking into it email. Like if you report a bug or submit a ticket on anything else you get a reply of some sort, at least acknowledging that they're doing something. Again you may be right, I could be wrong, but from my perspective nothing has changed and no response from the company makes it seem like they're not doing anything.
I recorded the entire match, dudes would literally block someone until the killer showed up then he would wait for them to move, drop the one who was blocked until both other players were sacrificed, then killer would just stand there till the gens were done and open the door for them. Hence my issue, were it just some ahole trolling or body blocking that's one thing, but outright blatantly helping the killer and vice versa is just plain cheating, and ruins the game for all others involved. I'm sure I'm not the only person they've done this to, and I would hope that as players that enjoy this game you can understand why I take issue with it still happening. Stuff like this ruins the game for others and it takes an semblance of challenge and fair play from the game.
tbh a lot of the killers I play against are on my friendslist so I mean, that doesn't mean much, just record and report.