Why do people instantly claim hacks?

I only just recently started playing Dbd after a couple years of not touching it- I mained survivor for a few days and decided to start playing killer for the hell of it. None of my killers have even hit double digits in terms of levels.

Started playing the trapper to do some of the challenges- and literally every match I've had people rage and send me messages (I play on ps4) claiming they're going to get both my Dbd and psn account banned for hacking and using a perk that lets me see where people are.


I don't get why people need to attack others so roughly? Do some survivors not realize that if a killer has mained survivor roles, they'll generally know the logic and where people would hide? Not to mention the auditory warning when someone breaks a trap, and that a gen sounds very, very different if someone's actively working on it.


I was even trying to be nice- avoided hooking the same person twice in a row, everyone had gotten hooked at least once before I killed anyone, they were even down to 1 gen and cornered themselves... I don't even stick around after I've hooked someone unless I have 0 traps set nearby and just want one in the general area.

I don't know how survivors like these really expect any killers to play? I usually even let the last person escape or bring them to the hatch, but most of the time people just DC the moment I spot them when they're the last person.

Has Dbd always been this toxic? Kinda ruins the love for the game if you get hate mail and have to block a bunch of people when you're not even running any OP perks.

Comments

  • It is easier to blame others than oneself when losing.

  • Is it even possible to hack on ps4 anyway? And are there any unspoken rules aside from not camping?

  • Its easier to say that the other side was hacking as to say that you, and only yourself, are bad. Same with Killers blaming SWF the whole time, instead of just admitting that they are not as good as they think they are.

    Same goes for Survivors who blame the Killer for tunneling, when he went for them a second time after they got unhooked (despite not going right after them and chasing other people before).