Killer Perk Tier List (Updated March 2020)

Hello

I am well aware that this is a very subjective and a bit complicated topic since on some killers a certain perk might be really good while it is on other killers bad or almost useless. It also depends a bit on each ones playstyle, so feel free to disagree and let us know what you think. I am pretty sure, there is some room for debate ;)

These list is especially useful for people who start playing killer or want to play flex and dont know what kind of perks to go first.

I was judging the perks by its own, but also kept in mind the potential when combined together.

Also: S Tier are the best Perks, E are the worst. Left side best perk of a certain Tier, right side worst perk of a certain tier.

Killer Perk tier list (Updated, March 2020)

my-image(5).png


Note: BBQ was judged by its effect, not Bloodpoints. If i would have taken farming into consideration, it would be an S Tier perk for sure.

Kind regards

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @BlueFirebilly said:

    How dare you do that to Dank devotion

    What did i do with it? :(

    Its a bad perk unfortunatly. I never find it useful as a killer and it does not do a lot when i play survivor (i have to admit i noticed this perk maybe a handful of times)

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165403#Comment_1165403

    What did i do with it? :(

    Its a bad perk unfortunatly. I never find it useful as a killer and it does not do a lot when i play survivor (i have to admit i noticed this perk maybe a handful of times)

    There are certain builds where it is amazing

  • I agree with most of those except for Gearhead. If they had kept it as it was on the PTB then yes it would be where you have it residing. However it only lasts 30 seconds, and it only works on good skillchecks.

    As I stated in my post about this change, it's got part of the problem that instigated the change to Ruin: newer players are going to be affected immensely and veteran players won't have to worry about bubkis.

    So with that in mind I feel like it should be knocked to either C or D tier.

  • Hangman's Trick in B? With all due respect, why?

    @Marcus said:

    Discordance and Corrupt Intervention are once again overrated, I would give them a B at best.

    Ruin in A tier and Surveillance in B tier ? Ruin is useless without Surveillance.

    STBFL is not consistently good to give it a S, I would personally put it in A.

    Surge, Thanatophobia and Bitter Murmur should be in C tier.

    Play With Your Food should be B tier. It's pretty bad on its own and needs Nemesis in order to really shine.

    I would put Mindbreaker in D tier.

    I could see Retribution and Third Seal in B tier, they can be amazing in some games. But they also can be useless on others, so C tier maybe isn't that bad for them.

    This I mostly agree with, except I would personally put Corrupt closer to C.

  • @Khroalthemadbomber said:

    I agree with most of those except for Gearhead. If they had kept it as it was on the PTB then yes it would be where you have it residing. However it only lasts 30 seconds, and it only works on good skillchecks.

    As I stated in my post about this change, it's got part of the problem that instigated the change to Ruin: newer players are going to be affected immensely and veteran players won't have to worry about bubkis.

    So with that in mind I feel like it should be knocked to either C or D tier.

    I must admit that i have used this perk just a few times, not more then 5 times actually, but it left a solid impression, sure not amazing tho, but i got value out of it. Probably i will try this one out more frequently and i keep your objection in mind.

    Which one for example? You know more about that perk then i do apparently. Change my mind :)

    @TAG said:

    Hangman's Trick in B? With all due respect, why?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165370#Comment_1165370

    This I mostly agree with, except I would personally put Corrupt closer to C.

    I was suprised how strong Hangmans trick is. I always get some good information. If they would increase the radius just a bit, it would be overpowered from that far i have seen. Ballanced perk in my opinion, pretty good actually. But maybe i was lucky idk? The change is relative new so ofc i might be wrong.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165411#Comment_1165411

    I must admit that i have used this perk just a few times, not more then 5 times actually, but it left a solid impression, sure not amazing tho, but i got value out of it. Probably i will try this one out more frequently and i keep your objection in mind.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165410#Comment_1165410

    Which one for example? You know more about that perk then i do apparently. Change my mind :)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165422#Comment_1165422

    I was suprised how strong Hangmans trick is. I always get some good information. If they would increase the radius just a bit, it would be overpowered from that far i have seen. Ballanced perk in my opinion, pretty good actually. But maybe i was lucky idk? The change is relative new so ofc i might be wrong.

    Haggu with Dank Devotion, Nurses, STBFL, Corrupt. It’s otz’s build and I tried it and it does absolute wonders, 3k-4K every time

  • @BlueFirebilly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165451#Comment_1165451

    Haggu with Dank Devotion, Nurses, STBFL, Corrupt. It’s otz’s build and I tried it and it does absolute wonders, 3k-4K every time

    Thanks a lot, i will try that out today. Haggu = Hag i suppose?

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165459#Comment_1165459

    Thanks a lot, i will try that out today. Haggu = Hag i suppose?

    Yea

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165411#Comment_1165411

    I must admit that i have used this perk just a few times, not more then 5 times actually, but it left a solid impression, sure not amazing tho, but i got value out of it. Probably i will try this one out more frequently and i keep your objection in mind.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165410#Comment_1165410

    Which one for example? You know more about that perk then i do apparently. Change my mind :)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165422#Comment_1165422

    I was suprised how strong Hangmans trick is. I always get some good information. If they would increase the radius just a bit, it would be overpowered from that far i have seen. Ballanced perk in my opinion, pretty good actually. But maybe i was lucky idk? The change is relative new so ofc i might be wrong.

    6 meters is almost nothing. I'm not convinced you'll get any meaningful information from Hangman's Trick unless someone is going for a sabotage.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165451#Comment_1165451

    6 meters is almost nothing. I'm not convinced you'll get any meaningful information from Hangman's Trick unless someone is going for a sabotage.

    But hooks are everywhere, like i said i might have been lucky tho, but in my recent tries, i got all the time information.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165370#Comment_1165370

    Oh no, Discordance and especially Corrupt are definitly among the best perks. Which perk should beat those? And B Tier? Just absolutly no on that one.

    Ruin is still a good standalone perk, even without Surviallance. It might have on some killers more value then on others tho.

    STBFL is by many good killers considered one if not the best perk in the game. I think it is the best killer perk, ofc not on killers like nurse, but defniitly on any M1 killer.

    Surge is underrated by you.

    Thanatophobia... well i can give you that, i was not sure either if i may overrate it here or not. Its working on some very well, but on other killers its really not that amazing.

    I always thought Bittter is a very weak version of BBQ, but during my last games with it, i changed my mind quiet a bit. The big plus is especially the last 10 seconds when you can see those auras.

    Hm Mindbreaker, maybe you are right with that one. I never find it super uesful, but i think there are still worse then this perk. As a killer i find it trash, but as survivor i see it has some inpact.

    May i ask what your S Tier killer perks are?

    As S tier ? Probably only Infectious Fright and Pop. Discordance and Corrupt Intervention are too situational in my experience to be anywhere near close to S tier, there are matches where these perks are literally useless, so I can't bring myself to put them higher than B tier. Ruin is still a totem which is at the mercy of RNG and good survivors can work though it more effectively than they could work though old Ruin, so I definitely don't see it anywhere near close to A tier without Surveillance in combo with it. Surge has too many restrictions to be considered a decent perk.

  • @Marcus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165384#Comment_1165384

    As S tier ? Probably only Infectious Fright and Pop. Discordance and Corrupt Intervention are too situational in my experience to be anywhere near close to S tier, there are matches where these perks are literally useless, so I can't bring myself to put them higher than B tier. Ruin is still a totem which is at the mercy of RNG and good survivors can work though it more effectively than they could work though old Ruin, so I definitely don't see it anywhere near close to A tier without Surveillance in combo with it. Surge has too many restrictions to be considered a decent perk.

    I appreciate your response and i accept your opinion since you have some good points. I still think you underestimate the power of Discordance and Corrupt a little bit.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165485#Comment_1165485

    But hooks are everywhere, like i said i might have been lucky tho, but in my recent tries, i got all the time information.

    Yeah, hooks are everywhere, but the range is still super close to a hook. If you are just a little conscious of it, you should be able to play around it fairly well.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165485#Comment_1165485

    But hooks are everywhere, like i said i might have been lucky tho, but in my recent tries, i got all the time information.

    I decided to try it myself just to see what it was like. I used it in conjunction with the rest of my meme build (Agitation + Iron Grasp + Mad Grit).

    In the games I played it with, it almost never revealed anyone. The last time I used it, it went off a single time at the end of the game.

    It garbage.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165485#Comment_1165485

    But hooks are everywhere, like i said i might have been lucky tho, but in my recent tries, i got all the time information.

    In fact, lemme hammer this one home:

    20200318123859_1.jpg

    I found someone working on this box while carrying someone. You want to know how I found them?

    I GUESSED, BECAUSE HANGMAN'S TRICK DIDN'T REVEAL THEM.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165411#Comment_1165411

    I must admit that i have used this perk just a few times, not more then 5 times actually, but it left a solid impression, sure not amazing tho, but i got value out of it. Probably i will try this one out more frequently and i keep your objection in mind.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165410#Comment_1165410

    Which one for example? You know more about that perk then i do apparently. Change my mind :)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1165422#Comment_1165422

    I was suprised how strong Hangmans trick is. I always get some good information. If they would increase the radius just a bit, it would be overpowered from that far i have seen. Ballanced perk in my opinion, pretty good actually. But maybe i was lucky idk? The change is relative new so ofc i might be wrong.

    I agree it certainly has uses. The reason I enjoyed the original version of it was because it was that much harder for Survivors to detect what was triggering the Killer to show up to their location.

    Each Killer perk that is used for detection and location purposes generally has a tell of some kind and as such a counter. The counter to Gearhead, if you somehow figured out what the Killer was doing (which I don't get how you would have), on the PTB was literally not touching generators for 45 seconds or praying you never got a skillcheck. Which arguably is fairly powerful and I could have understood changing either the skillchecks or the duration, not both.

1 2 ›