Removal of visible ranks in lobby

I know it's been said before but please add back the ability to see survivor ranks in lobby. I'm constantly getting games with gray ranks and it's really making me not want to play the game. I end up having to rely on getting hatch every other game because my teammates don't understand enough about the game to play it out. I can't get mad at them because they are newer, but I can get mad at the fact that I have no option but to play with them. It makes playing the game really annoying and unfun. It's hard for me to convince myself to play more than a game or two in a day with how boring and annoying it is. I could just go play other games that aren't nearly as annoying to deal with, which I have been doing lately.

Comments

  • please dont add it back, do you know how many sweat lobby dodge if everyone isnt red ranks, i didnt wait ages to get into a lobby for people to all quit out because there are people lower than their ranks. no matter how bad your team is as long as they dont quit or kill themself on first hook you can pip. but honestly the DC and the people who kill themself on hook is what ruins this game, such a common thing in red ranks because people cant stand to see they got hooked first or got out played

  • @Stitch7833 said:

    please dont add it back, do you know how many sweat lobby dodge if everyone isnt red ranks, i didnt wait ages to get into a lobby for people to all quit out because there are people lower than their ranks. no matter how bad your team is as long as they dont quit or kill themself on first hook you can pip. but honestly the DC and the people who kill themself on hook is what ruins this game, such a common thing in red ranks because people cant stand to see they got hooked first or got out played

    People like me are just going to stop playing the game regardless. If those players get into lobbies and all their teammates are bad in their eyes and they can't do anything to avoid them, they will just quit the game. That's what I'm doing until they do something about matchmaking. I physically can't enjoy the game atm. It's constantly a 1v4 or 2v3 game for me. It's a really stupid system. They just need to add crossplay and add something like a range of players that you don't want to play with. For example, red ranks could choose to only play with purple and red ranks as an option in the settings. You won't know what rank those players are, but you at least know you are getting decently good players. Ranks 16-20 should be exclusively for new players and it should be impossible for anyone to ever drop down that low after reaching rank 15 (including rank reset and DC's/etc). No other successful multiplayer game forces people with hundreds or thousands of hours to play with new players.

  • @Stitch7833 said:

    please dont add it back, do you know how many sweat lobby dodge if everyone isnt red ranks, i didnt wait ages to get into a lobby for people to all quit out because there are people lower than their ranks. no matter how bad your team is as long as they dont quit or kill themself on first hook you can pip. but honestly the DC and the people who kill themself on hook is what ruins this game, such a common thing in red ranks because people cant stand to see they got hooked first or got out played

    and I don't care if I pip if I don't enjoy the game. If the game is miserable and boring to play I'm not going to keep doing it. I can pip in almost every game but it will still take a bunch of games to get low enough rank to matter. Even then, red rank players are still getting paired with ranks 12+. The matchmaking is bad and needs to be fixed

  • I agree, but for the opposite reason. I just got this game and only have 20 hours put into it. I'm learning as I play (really badly, might I add), but that doesn't stop the game from putting me on teams with survivors/killers way above my rank. I'll usually mess up severely and die, then feel like I've let the team down. I'd prefer to be on a team where everyone is learning together, and seeing whether or not I'm being placed with higher ranks would allow me to dodge being the useless burden of the group.

    But, on the other hand, I understand that there might not be enough players on each rank to make this work, and waiting in the lobby can already take so long. I just have to learn to be better and hope that they do something about matchmaking in the future. Sucks for higher ranked people, though, since you're stuck with me until then.


  • @Elegant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/943111#Comment_943111

    People like me are just going to stop playing the game regardless. If those players get into lobbies and all their teammates are bad in their eyes and they can't do anything to avoid them, they will just quit the game. That's what I'm doing until they do something about matchmaking. I physically can't enjoy the game atm. It's constantly a 1v4 or 2v3 game for me. It's a really stupid system. They just need to add crossplay and add something like a range of players that you don't want to play with. For example, red ranks could choose to only play with purple and red ranks as an option in the settings. You won't know what rank those players are, but you at least know you are getting decently good players. Ranks 16-20 should be exclusively for new players and it should be impossible for anyone to ever drop down that low after reaching rank 15 (including rank reset and DC's/etc). No other successful multiplayer game forces people with hundreds or thousands of hours to play with new players.

    well you can only derank past 15 by rank reset other than that its not possible, and if you quit because your team isnt the best then maybe you should stop playing tbh, its a game and you cant be mad at people struggling, while yes there should be limits even with SWF that say you cannot play with anyone so many ranks away from you. but iv had games against rank 2 killers with a rank 12 and two rank 8`s. did they do amazing? no, pretty bad but that doesnt stop me from doing what i can do. i feel like youre expecting to escape every game, i never expect to escape all i do is hope for a decent chase and thats on me, my team wont affect that, run the killer for 3mins and no gens get done because of ruin? okay after i get off the hook ill get ruin. if escaping and ranking up is so important to you over just playing, play COD or something

  • @Elegant said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/943111#Comment_943111

    and I don't care if I pip if I don't enjoy the game. If the game is miserable and boring to play I'm not going to keep doing it. I can pip in almost every game but it will still take a bunch of games to get low enough rank to matter. Even then, red rank players are still getting paired with ranks 12+. The matchmaking is bad and needs to be fixed

    as for this, yeah red ranks shouldnt be with green, but thats due to long lobby times, like i said i have had purple and green and im a rank 1 survivor but i just play the game. if alot of red rank 1 see a purple rank they would just back out even though they was only rank 3 themselves, the matchmaking needs work, not the ability to see the ranks...

  • Give up, it is not coming back.

    The fact that you are telling them it is for lobby dodging is hilarious since that is the exact thing that they want to avoid.

    You should at least mask it and say that you want to know if you have a noob on your team so you can help them or something along those lines...

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    Give up, it is not coming back.

    The fact that you are telling them it is for lobby dodging is hilarious since that is the exact thing that they want to avoid.

    You should at least mask it and say that you want to know if you have a noob on your team so you can help them or something along those lines...

    Idc about lobby dodging. Killers do it a lot, I see no reason why Survivors shouldn't be allowed the same luxury.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/943296#Comment_943296

    Idc about lobby dodging. Killers do it a lot, I see no reason why Survivors shouldn't be allowed the same luxury.

    If they added something that led to more killers dodging lobbies, then I guarantee you that they would remove that feature just as fast as they did this.

    It is not that tough to realize that long queues are bad for the game, so they will do what they can to improve that (like removing something that people admit to using for lobby dodging).

    I know matchmaking sucks, I don't like it either. We should be asking for improvements on that instead asking to bring back a feature that lets you pick and choose a good team at the cost of other people's time.

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/943337#Comment_943337

    If they added something that led to more killers dodging lobbies, then I guarantee you that they would remove that feature just as fast as they did this.

    It is not that tough to realize that long queues are bad for the game, so they will do what they can to improve that (like removing something that people admit to using for lobby dodging).

    I know matchmaking sucks, I don't like it either. We should be asking for improvements on that instead asking to bring back a feature that lets you pick and choose a good team at the cost of other people's time.

    It is like a secondary matchmaker. I see zero problem with letting Survivors have that information.

    You are vastly outnumbered on this.

  • You can have your opinion but i don't see how you can say that you see zero problem with it when the developers came out and told you precisely what the problem is.

    It is not a matter of being outnumbered, it is a matter of what is good for the game.

    I am sure survivors would love to see a killers perk loadout and the vast majority of survivors would be in favor of this, does this mean it would be good for the game?

  • the reason killers have the ability to lobby dodge is because they are meant to be allowed to adjust their loadout to count what the survivors are doing/bringing in. since the survivors are already the power roll i see thats a fair thing to give them, should lobby dodging be allowed at all? no. but if you see a swf with 4 toolboxes everyone knows the killer is having a tough game at red ranks, to me it sounds like youre a try hard red rank who isnt as good as he thinks he is and seems so focused on rank/escaping which is your downfall. whether i have team`s that cant hit ruin or lead on chases i can remain rank 1 and still have a laugh/fun as a solo, take it with a grain of salt you cant always escape/have easy games