Why do some killers lie about this...

The whole "I saw scratchmarks around the hook so I stayed around and looked for the other survivor. " I'm not saying this doesn't happen but in almost all cases that I've seen when a killer has used this excuse there is no scratchmarks anywhere and they just want to camp around the hook. I know this because often I walk towards the hook and make sure I leave no scratchmarks and run bond sometimes and see no teammates anywhere nearby. Yet the killer will still lie and say "I saw scratchmarks so I'm not going to leave until I find them"

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @CrummyCookie said:

    Clearly people didn't read my comment. I'm not sprinting. I'm walking. And I stay a safe distance from the hook so it's impossible for me to leave scratchmarks near the hook.

    Ok but it's not impossible for him to have a reason to think you are nearby.

    BBQ, Crows, Grass, Sounds, Prediction ect.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/943964#Comment_943964

    Ok but it's not impossible for him to have a reason to think you are nearby.

    BBQ, Crows, Grass, Sounds, Prediction ect.

    Even at rank 15 they do it. The killers are potatoes for the most part as well so they won't notice Crows and hear bushes. But nobody is near for the most part so there's no reason for them to think that

  • @CrummyCookie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/944145#Comment_944145

    Even at rank 15 they do it. The killers are potatoes for the most part as well so they won't notice Crows and hear bushes. But nobody is near for the most part so there's no reason for them to think that

    Well if they are rank 15 then it makes sense that they would be bad at reading the signs and would get false positives by thinking they saw something they didn't. Something like hearing a crow go off and thinking a Survivor set it off when it was actually the Killer itself.

    And the ranking system means that the Killers that straight up camp on purpose would be in lower ranks too.

  • If I think camping is the best move to do, then I camp, I don't care that I might make some childish survivor cry on the forums. (And if they are crying on the forums, it's pretty obvious it was the best move to do, they wouldn't be crying if they did a bunch of gens while I camped).

  • They probably use the excuse because they are tired of getting verbally assaulted by survivors.

  • @CrummyCookie said:

    The whole "I saw scratchmarks around the hook so I stayed around and looked for the other survivor. " I'm not saying this doesn't happen but in almost all cases that I've seen when a killer has used this excuse there is no scratchmarks anywhere and they just want to camp around the hook. I know this because often I walk towards the hook and make sure I leave no scratchmarks and run bond sometimes and see no teammates anywhere nearby. Yet the killer will still lie and say "I saw scratchmarks so I'm not going to leave until I find them"

    Almost like we do see the scratch marks you can't see, and we can see if someone stopped running last minute because those marks tend to sprawl out on tree's and buildings higher than you'd think (reasons why predator sucks). Not to mention there's a good chance he saw nobody with BBQ/gens worked on with thrilling tremors which is a very solid tell that someone is getting ready to save as soon as you leave. Another reason people will camp hook expecting someone to be there is if people autosaved people off the hook in the past as soon as the killer looked away and walked for a second (which people are still dumb enough to do).

  • @RIP_Legion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/115184/why-do-some-killers-lie-about-this

    Almost like we do see the scratch marks you can't see, and we can see if someone stopped running last minute because those marks tend to sprawl out on tree's and buildings higher than you'd think (reasons why predator sucks). Not to mention there's a good chance he saw nobody with BBQ/gens worked on with thrilling tremors which is a very solid tell that someone is getting ready to save as soon as you leave. Another reason people will camp hook expecting someone to be there is if people autosaved people off the hook in the past as soon as the killer looked away and walked for a second (which people are still dumb enough to do).

    I understand in them situations but I'm talking about nobody anywhere near the hook. Like really far away so it would be impossible for scratch marks to be anywhere. I know through bond and walking and crouching a safe distance away. I feel like everybody is skipping over this part of what I'm saying

  • DBD should be like Friday the 13th... 1 shot and you’re done.

  • @CrummyCookie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/944580#Comment_944580

    I understand in them situations but I'm talking about nobody anywhere near the hook. Like really far away so it would be impossible for scratch marks to be anywhere. I know through bond and walking and crouching a safe distance away. I feel like everybody is skipping over this part of what I'm saying

    I get what you mean but the thing is maybe they saw someone else's, that does happen quite often, sure you might've been vigilant but maybe there was some other clown who wasn't

  • @CrummyCookie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/943000#Comment_943000

    Yes but it ruins the fun for everyone. Camping is such a boring way to play. It's a strategy but a crap one

    So is running around in circles, yet survivors do it a lot. It you have to decide between boring gameplay a and equally boring gameplay b which rewards you a kill, you might be temped to take b over a.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/943004#Comment_943004

    So is running around in circles, yet survivors do it a lot. It you have to decide between boring gameplay a and equally boring gameplay b which rewards you a kill, you might be temped to take b over a.

    I was waiting for someone to say something like this. Does looping cause a game to come to a complete standstill? Nothing happening, nobody moving? There's more to looping than there is camping. As a killer you can mind game to get the survivor and the same as survivor. There is an element of skill. With camping there is no mind game, no skill, nobody doing anything. Its pointless and even more boring

  • No, looping doesnt lead to a standstill, and neither does camping. With camping, you just have to coordinate survivors to unhook. One surivor blocking the killer, one unhooking and tanking for the unhooked, maybe even one with a flashlight to blind the killer?

    And there is not much mind gaming on an open loop, its just running in circles until you catch up and he drops the pallet. Very skill intensive, sure.

    From the boring/skill perspective, they are not very different. Why did you wait for someone to say that and havent had you answer thought through? Seems like a waste of time.

  • I actually stopped playing survivor because of this.

    I had many games in which the killer hooked me and just stayed 2m in front of me, sometimes even mocking me...

    Because I always took kindred most of the time other survivors rushed gens while he camped me until sacrifice...

    In the end all they did with that was ruining my game and their own while 3 survivors made the escape...

    I liked DbD in the beginning but I hate the community. And I mean HATE.

    It is the worst and most unsportsmanlike I've experienced so far.

    And then people also just take it too serious in terms of playing it...

    It is kind of a casual game. It does not fill stadiums and esports events with people. There are no professional players earning money with it. Yet many people develop this crazy need to talk big loads of ######### about micro balance (most are salty because the game is balanced for the more inexperienced players, makes sense because they are the source of money) , while the game still has flaws in it's basic mechanics...


    That's why I mostly stopped playing DbD except the one or other killer game...

  • Usually I can see their head poking out from behind a rock

  • I don't think people lie about it. It's more like many are reluctant to admit to others and themselves that soft proxying and tunnelling are essential to keep pressure on survivors who play optimally i.e. they prioritize gens.

    It isn't a secret how to play DbD. Survivors have to do gens and fast i.e. 'genrush', because there's a limited amount of resources they can use to defend themselves and they don't respawn. Genrush isn't toxic, it's meta and a necessary evil. Messing around doesn't cut it against good killers. On the same token, for killers 'proxying' and 'juggling' are necessary to keep pressure. Same for taking out a survivor quickly i.e. 'tunnelling', or you will lose gens. It's all meta against good survivors. And, finally, that's why BT and DS are meta perks.

    Either side isn't doing anything wrong or have a responsibility for starting this, it's chicken and egg. It's simply a matter of game design that creates a vicious circle.

  • @PrissyCoyote said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/943155#Comment_943155

    Just because you can't see people with bbq doesn't mean they are at the hook. You can position yourself against a gen if you pay attention to where hooks are compared to where the downed survivor is or just get in a locker. I tend to use the gen to hind my arua and if I can't I usually just let it happen. I swear sometimes I question if any one understands the game mechanics.

    How likely is it that every other survivor is hiding correctly? It's not always a matter of game mechanics being used perfectly, and considering I've reliably found people near the hook with bbq not showing auras it absolutely is indicative depending on who you're playing against. "It doesn't work on me so it isn't a thing, you don't understand game mechanics." Petty and pretty pointless, considering you didn't address anything else when that was pretty much a side note of the post to begin with. Stop being condescending while you look at things strictly from your point of view, other survivors play differently/worse and make certain things work.

  • @Athanar90 said:

    If I camp, it's either:

    A: I know someone's nearby, so I'm staying close (not facecamping though, more of a tight patrol)

    B: I'm already losing, going for at least a kill

    C: The person's been a problem during the match, I NEED them gone

    PREACH!

  • @CrummyCookie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942983#Comment_942983

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942984#Comment_942984

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/942985#Comment_942985

    I'm rank 10-15 usually and play on xbox so you can imagine the killers aren't the best. Not terrible but not amazing. And I'm being serious when I say that sometimes people are losing and know this so just try and make excuses to get a kill

    If you see a killer camping just do gens man, when a killer camps someone you can just gen rush him/her easily

  • @shalo said:

    You mistakenly seem to think Killers have to justify their play to survivors.

    Can you explain to me what part of camping is fun? I just don't get it like why would you even play if you're going to just stand still for 3 minutes waiting for the person on the hook to die lol makes absolutely no sense to me and I play more killer than survivor. Honestly, camping just sucks period, there are certain situations in which yeah you must camp but camping the whole game? Come on dude lmao

1 2 ›