What does this thing do??
The little bubbles at the end of a match on the score screen asking if you had fun...
Like... what's the point in that lol
I highly doubt bhvr pays attention to it nor do they do anything with the info
Tagged:
Trusted
The little bubbles at the end of a match on the score screen asking if you had fun...
Like... what's the point in that lol
I highly doubt bhvr pays attention to it nor do they do anything with the info
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I assume the data does go to them. My guess would be that they use it as a very general indicator as to what makes a game "fun" so that they can try to address common issues. Like maybe people consistently rate games against certain killers badly, or games of a certain length, or games where people DCed, or games with bad matchmaking. So they probably look at that, as a preliminary thing, and say to themselves, "Hm, a lot of people don't seem to be having fun in games with this particular feature, maybe that's something we could look into."
Someone at BHVR probably looks at the averages and goes 'ok'
and that's about it.
MAYBE, just maybe, they look at average fun ratings vs specific killers to see which are the least fun to face. But idk I doubt it.
Maybe. But I always base my fun on arbitrary things like, were they toxic, did they bm, were they good sports, etc. Lol
Yeah, that's why I say it's a very rough indicator, and I'm not certain exactly what they can and can't track, but it's possible that a more general pattern may emerge over time that could point to a problematic area in the game. I'm sure it's nowhere near a primary factor in making balance decisions, though, it's just that additional data is always nice to have.
I agree. I always like to have more info and data than I need than not enough.
does anyone use them?
I do
I don't know why I do, but I do lol
Same here. I think if you looked at my ratings, you would see more 3+ ratings on matches where I got 3 or more escapes on me, or I died as a survivor. Many of those were fun matches with good groups of people. I I've rated many 4k's as a 1 or 2 due to the toxicity of the match. Hard to use that data due to how subjective it is.
As a person who looks at a lot of data patterns, I'd say its overall use is for long term tracking. If you see a spike in dissatisfaction and lower player numbers, you can look for correlating events/changes. Same for positive ratings and spikes in player numbers.