Mouse controllers on console?

Hi all! Potentially dumb question, but is it considered cheating to use a mouse controller on console? I've been playing Nurse recently and mostly just finding turning so much harder than on PC. That being said it's definitely not worth a ban!

Thanks!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • If by a mouse controller you just mean a mouse (and not some newfangled piece of hardware I've never heard of), I don't believe the console version of the game supports mouse or keyboard. If your mouse will somehow work on console, I'd be surprised but I guess go for it, but I wouldn't recommend using any third-party software to make it work since that could potentially get you banned.

  • I don't even think console is configured to work with keyboard and mouse. Unless you have some crazy set up with like 10+ plugs going into your console.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    I don't even think console is configured to work with keyboard and mouse. Unless you have some crazy set up with like 10+ plugs going into your console.

    My son uses a mouse and keyboard on his ps4 to play fortnite so it is doable

  • @Fibijean said:

    If by a mouse controller you just mean a mouse (and not some newfangled piece of hardware I've never heard of), I don't believe the console version of the game supports mouse or keyboard. If your mouse will somehow work on console, I'd be surprised but I guess go for it, but I wouldn't recommend using any third-party software to make it work since that could potentially get you banned.

    There are console mouse controllers that you can get. But yeah, I'm not keen to get banned for it! ๐Ÿ˜…

  • Consoles support mouse/keyboard, but DBD on console disables this. There are workarounds using hardware adapters, but it's not allowed. For very obvious reasons..

  • Dbd on Console hardly even works with controller let alone mouse. Well ok then it works but at such a low sensitivity.

  • @Mrwood204 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/941621#Comment_941621

    My son uses a mouse and keyboard on his ps4 to play fortnite so it is doable

    It's doable as far as the platform is concerned, but I don't think DBD itself supports the feature.

  • @Tr0g said:

    Consoles support mouse/keyboard, but DBD on console disables this. There are workarounds using hardware adapters, but it's not allowed. For very obvious reasons..

    How do we know it's not allowed?