Um...Is this really called "matchmaking"?

Every game I play, it seems like the killer (both when I kill and when I'm survivor) gets matched up with higher rank survivors almost constantly.

In the last two days, I've played survivor (rank 12) with 3 other green rank survivors against a rank 20 killer. Just now I finished a match as trapper (rank 15) against 3 red ranks and a rank 5.

Those are two specific examples of what I've been seeing from this "matchmaking." You might as well get rid of ranks if it's going to randomly throw match-ups together like this. Is there not a way to balance it out?

Comments

  • Could be due to inflated survivor ranks

  • Because Skill floor/ceiling for survivors are lower than basement.

    Amount of "tryhards" 1-5 rank is inflated a lot, unlike the killers.

    So "Tryhards" are thrown into the pool of average 5-10 ranks so they don't feel lonely.

    While at lower end 10-20 rank situation is the opposite.

    This tell a lot how #Bad Word# game balance is.

  • Matchmaking is currently ######### for both killers and survivors (since it's easy to get matched to rank 15 teams and killers even if you'r rank 5)