PS4 framerate: baffling difference between a friend and me

We both have the PS4 slim version, 500GB. He does not have a PS4 Pro.


I get 30FPS and it's noticeably choppy, which is the worst part about the console version of the game. My friend, however, gets a silky smooth 60FPS most of the time, as if it was on PC!


We cannot figure out what could possibly be the cause of this. Anyone experience anything similar? Playing killer on my PS4 @ <30fps is much worse than on his PS4 @ 60FPS. It's crazy. He has a different TV but I don't believe that could be it..?


Hopefully someone knows what's up?

Comments

  • I have the disc version, he has the download, could that be it? Maybe In have some old version of the game engine? The disc is required to play..

  • Could be the different TVs and if game mode is turned on or off. Not sure though.

  • @doitagain_ said:

    Could be the different TVs and if game mode is turned on or off. Not sure though.

    Other games do reach 60FPS on my TV.. It's only DBD that is choppy.