New killer idea?..

Alright so earlier I was just sitting on my desk finishing up some art commissions related to dbd and start to think, what would be an interesting killer idea? I then delved deep into my mind and thought “oh some kind of magic based killer would be cool, but would that be too op?” So I was thinking of a character having to do with either fire or ice. Just wondering how that’d play out, maybe comment down ideas for its ability?

Comments

  • Wouldn't a killer who can cast fire be able to burn down the pallets?

  • @Xerge said:

    Wouldn't a killer who can cast fire be able to burn down the pallets?

    Maybe that could be there animation for when they break a pallet? :0

  • @justaSpirit_phase said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/937278#Comment_937278

    Maybe that could be there animation for when they break a pallet? :0

    Maybe, but I like the idea of burning down a pallet before it's even used, but that power would need a massive cooldown to be balanced (like a 2 minute cooldown or something like that), so you can't waste time running around the map burning down every pallet before all the gens are done.

    I suppose you could also put the survivors on fire to slow them down for a while; something similar to what clown does.

    Maybe also putting gens on fire for a while so survivors can't touch them, which could work similar to Freddy's ability to teleport to gens; that would be his map pressure tool.

  • @Xerge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/937284#Comment_937284

    Maybe, but I like the idea of burning down a pallet before it's even used, but that power would need a massive cooldown to be balanced (like a 2 minute cooldown or something like that), so you can't waste time running around the map burning down every pallet before all the gens are done.

    I suppose you could also put the survivors on fire to slow them down for a while; something similar to what clown does.

    Maybe also putting gens on fire for a while so survivors can't touch them, which could work similar to Freddy's ability to teleport to gens; that would be his map pressure tool.

    Actually that sounds awesome! I think the idea with the gems is a bit op but using it to slow survs down could be nice, and the pallet burning would be cool!