2v8 Lore Issue
So I've written about the issues with 2v8 before (I'll link the post if anyone's interested) but one thing I noted was that a lot of killers are, lore-wise, not inclined to cooperate. So I'm gonna break down which killers would do well in 2v8, lore-wise.
Trapper: Fine. Might not like Wraith for being a proletariat immigrant.
Wraith: very good! For a lot of these other killers, it's "out of sight, out of mind". Although he does have morals, and apparently a temper, so he attack someone like Freddy if he got mad enough.
Hillbilly: here's where we start to have a problem. He has no positive experiences with humans, it's unknown if he can even talk. He would likely see other killers the same way he sees survivors.
Nurse: Nurse is a wild card. Her ability would cooperate would probably depend on how broken her mind is, and a certain amount of luck.
Huntress: She would simply not cooperate. This girl hunted soldiers for sport, she'll just roll her eyes at The Hag or The Legion. Actually, she might try and kidnap Julie or Susie...
Doctor: He could probably be convinced not to hit other killers, if for no other reason than to not give them a reason to kick his butt. But if his static field (soon to be static blast) can hit survivors he doesn't know is there, it might very well hit killers too.
Myers: Maybe The Entity could convince him not to attack killers. Maybe he'd kill them like everyone else. I don't think we know enough to say.
Hag: She'd just try and eat them.
Leatherface: Since he looks at The Entity as a protector he wouldn't kill what it doesn't want him to kill.
Freddy: He probably wouldn't attack anyone. Not physically, anyways.
Pig: She'd keep things professional, I think. Probably see them as fellow disciples of Jigsaw.
Clown: He'd cooperate. But he wouldn't like it.
Spirit: Nope. She's a killing machine. Doesn't matter who.
Legion: The problem with The Legion wouldn't be that they wouldn't cooperate with the other killers, it's that they'd be afraid of them. They're just a bunch of punks who stabbed a janitor. Imagine them meeting The Hag or The Demogorgon.
Plag: I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt and assume The Entity will give all the others killers plag vaccines, so when they don't get sick she'll probably see them as something akin to an angel.
Ghostface: He wouldn't be aggressive, but he would probably be passive-aggressive. He works alone.
Demogorgon: REEEEEEEEE! But really, probably not cooperative. Idk how intelligent it is, but regardless, meat is meat.
Oni: The only person The Oni would respect is The Spirit, who ironically might hold a particular grudge against The Oni since she doesn't have a great relationship with her male progenitors.
Finally, I'm thinking of writing a fanfic with 2v8 trials focused on exploring killer relationships. Would that be interesting?
Comments
myers and ghostface bond over the common interest of stalking
The spirit's yurei abilities would probably render her the best in a 1v1 to an unfair level
Demo would probs co-op, since it understands the entity if not directly controlled by it.
I feel like the description of the Legion is a bit of a disservice to those characters.
In the Darkness Among Us Chapter spotlight they are described as follows: "The raw cravings and impulses of adolescence are incredibly powerful, the desire to belong can be just as strong, when teens get involved with an impulsive mastermind [the Entity] they discover an addictive kind of freedom. They spiral out of control and become the wrong kind of crowd, The Legion, which leaves no rule unbroken."
This kind of follows the line of thought or thinking that teens believe themselves to be more or less invincible, that nothing really bad will ever happen to them. As such I believe that's more or less how the members of the Legion would react upon being placed in a trial with any of the other killers. They'd just scoff, completely unafraid and defiant of whatever monstrous figure stood before them and maybe even talk some mad ######### / smack talk.
Here's how I imagine some of their interactions would play out:
Trapper: "Some big spikes sticking out of your shoulder, compensating for something?"
Wraith: "Whatcha gotta hide for??"
Hillbilly: "You are one ugly motherf*cker"
Nurse: *Mockingly waves hand in front of head* "Can you even see anything through that pillowcase?"
Myers: "Nice jumpsuit, dressed perfectly to clean up Mount Ormond Resort... you know I killed a Janitor once"
Pig: "Another piggy to send to the slaughterhouse, I always liked bacon"
Clown: "Heyyy~ nice hustle tons of fun! Next time eat a salad."
Spirit: "Daddy issues? Or just that time of the month?"
Plague: "I wanna throw up just from looking at you"
Demogorgon: (After demogorgon roars right in Legion's face) *pins index finger and thumb over mask, mockingly* "Your breath stinks. Ever brush your teeth?"
Oni: *slowly looks upward from feet to chest to Oni mask* "What do they FEED you!?"
Basically teens talking a big game as per (sometimes) usual, considering their relationship with the Entity I don't think they'd let themselves be intimidated by anyone. At least that's how I'd imagine their characters to respond