This has a hard limit of 6 ranks above or below your rank

If a match of the same rank is not available, the system will gradually expand the acceptable range until it finds a match. This has a hard limit of 6 ranks above or below your rank. - Developer update September 2019.

Can I ask when that was changed?

20191221225938_1.jpg 20191221215232_1.jpg


Comments

  • Second Screenshot could be fine, when the Rank 3 either ranked up from 4, or you deranked from 9.

    First one is one of the edge cases, which can happen. I see them happen quite frequently to be honest.

    However, I think that 6 Ranks is too much. But I guess it is a matter of Queue Times vs Balance here. And I would rather play imbalanced matches than having to wait for a absurd long time.

  • It used to start at +/- 6 and gradually expand to all ranks. If they hard capped it at that it means they made it so it searches within those ranks only.

  • Had this a while ago. But to be fair, it was a rare situation.

    levelss.jpg

    However it's better than finding no matches or having long waiting times.

  • @Bloodwidow said:

    Had this a while ago. But to be fair, it was a rare situation.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/777/9FYWNPZNYTN3.jpg

    However it's better than finding no matches or having long waiting times.

    Had almost the exact same game yesterday, ranks 2 2 3 5 against a rank 15 Bubba... poor guy got one hook the entire game I felt so bad and just tried encouraging him post game.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/936534#Comment_936534

    Had almost the exact same game yesterday, ranks 2 2 3 5 against a rank 15 Bubba... poor guy got one hook the entire game I felt so bad and just tried encouraging him post game.

    Hmm.. maybe it is counting the survivor level, too?