Stop Harassment and appreciate a gifted escape! + Streamer Influence!
Warning: Long text - SORRY ![]()
In one of my last games I played Hag on Treatment Theater with both of her range addons, so if a trap triggers I could port to it over almost the whole map which clearly gives the Hag a decent map control on this specific map. I managed to catch everyone quite easily because most of the survivors did not adapt to those addons and did not crouch at all (and yes, they did not even crouch in front of a hook). In the end I gave one survivor the hatch because I got enough blood points. So I had no incentive to kill the last one.
Instead of simply saying "thank you", I got harassed and on top of that I got called camper. I closed the lobby and it did not take much time and the harassment continued on my profile. And guess who commented on my profile by saying you are just killer with no skill who needs to camp, boring gameplay etc.? Yes, you guessed right: It was the survivor whom I gave the hatch. Come on, stop blaming the opposite side.
Yes, I played with extreme good Add-Ons, but when you are simply too dumb (sorry for this but it has to be said this way!^^) to crouch infront of a hook, while the Hag is faaar away and when you farm your teammates plus you get the hatch for free from me, than at least do not blame me for your mistakes. I think a lot of people should reflect their own gameplay more often instead of blaming the opposite side. This can happen as a killer and as a survivor. Sure there are boring gameplays, but killers and survivors can often (yes not always) adapt. But when a killer (or survivor) plays very fair, does not camp nor tunnel and gets insulted by a survivor who got the hatch for free, then I ask myself why I still play this way.
I looked at the survivors profiles and guess what, one of them is a streamer. I watched her past broadcast and I just thought: Wow, why is she playing on rank 1? She clearly belonged to a lower rank although she plays DBD for a long time already. She kept saying I would be camper although she did everything wrong you can do while playing against a Hag + there was no heart beat while she or other survs were hooked and she could see a survivor has been chased on the other side of the map while she was on the hook. She got killed because of her own gameplay and the mistakes of her temmates but in the endits still the killers fault -.- (This post does not intend to bring up a discussion about the killer-survivor balance etc, its just about the harassment and blame towards the opposite side) Im so done with such streamers for now, they behave as if they know everything, as if they were gods in this game and as if they would have a higher value than the other playerbase. Let me tell you once, you can suck like everyone else. I also suck in some of my matches! And guess why this community becomes even more and more toxic: Because of a lot of streamers (not all, there are clearly some great ones! So dont get me wrong) When you have 50-1000 viewres or even more, you should be aware of the fact that you have an exemplary function for your viewers. You create such people who aim to be like you, so at least use your reach to create a more positive atmosphere among our DBD community!
To those of you who read it: Thank you very much, please let me know in the comments below what you think about my opinion. Please keep it factual and friendly.
Have a great day!
Comments
I personally never experienced people coming to my stream with hate. I have 2 examples that survivors did come in my lobby asking why I dced and after explaining they were chill and even followed me.
First was when I spawned I saw a Claudette and started to chase her but she inmediatly ran to the storagehouse for a long loop and not even 20s in my ruin got cleansed aswell and I simply thought to myself this was a loss so I left. The Claudette came to my stream and I told her I simply thought I couldnt win and the match wouldnt be a fun experience anymore and she understood and followed me and even stayed for an hour to talk in chat wich was huge for me since I dont get chatters at all.
The second example was few days ago. I got this bug that my mouse leaves my main screen to my left screen even if I play in fullscreen and no matter what I try I simply cant get a fix. It was fine as a survivor because I only use my mouse buttons when repairing, healing and unhooking pretty much so when I accidently click on my left screen it makes my character stop but its doable for me because I simply enjoy this game. However as a killer I use the mousebuttons way more but I forgot about that so I started to play as a killer in my first match on stream and it was a hell. Whenever I got looped and finally was close enough to hit them my mouse was already on the left screen and instead of hitting my killer would simply stop moving because I clicked on the wrong screen. After 3 minutes of not beeing able to hit anyone eventhough without this bug I would I simply gave up and left. 2 survivors came in my chat and understood and were okay with it.
So far whenever people came in my chat after a match they were simply real cool and nice. So I never really had that toxic streamer vs players that you experienced.
Thank you for your comment
That sounds great, I am absolutley for positive vibes! And it shows that a streamer can act differently, thank you for that! I (and quite a few other people here) had bad experiences as a "normal" player with a streamer, so you see it has something to do with streamer influence.