Option to be matched against higher ranked players for quicker matchmaking

I'm a returning player but Killer Veteran, playing since 2016 and was off the game for a semester abroad where I could not take my PC with me (my laptop being too shite to play DbD unfortunately).

Because of that hiatus I am now rank 20 and I am already sitting in a lobby for 10-15 minutes as I am writing this (crossplay activated, since that should help as well). I would really love to see an option where people can simply tick "match me with whatever" to get quicker matches. I would not care to be matched with players of even rank 1 as I simply want to play the game and know what I am dealing with. Of course, an option like this could only work for low ranked people but should definitely be an option for quicker matchmaking.

Or simply a "Quick Match" option that either matches you with other Quick Matchers or people that are higher. Anything really to reduce the waiting time.


Thoughts?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • That would be a great idea for people who are low rank. The big problem with this is the fact that those high-ranked people would be stuck with low ranks, which is a problem for them. That's the main reason it would never happen

  • I'm pretty certain this is already the case. Players in grey ranks are exempt from the "within six ranks" matchmaking rule for precisely that reason - there aren't enough players around that rank to sustain reasonable queue times. So in theory, you should be able to be matched with players of any rank level at rank 20.

    I don't know precisely how the matchmaking algorithm works, but it's possible that your issue is something else, like the fact that there are simply not enough players online in your region at the moment, or at least not enough players queuing for the opposite role.

  • Please no i already hate swf with a passion for dragging rank 20s in and we all get ######### by a rank 5 killer.

  • @Fibijean said:

    I'm pretty certain this is already the case. Players in grey ranks are exempt from the "within six ranks" matchmaking rule for precisely that reason - there aren't enough players around that rank to sustain reasonable queue times. So in theory, you should be able to be matched with players of any rank level at rank 20.

    I don't know precisely how the matchmaking algorithm works, but it's possible that your issue is something else, like the fact that there are simply not enough players online in your region at the moment, or at least not enough players queuing for the opposite role.

    It is the case but in a way that the matchmaking first tries to find suitable players first and then lowers the threshold after a few minutes and lowers it further after more minutes but at that point, you have already been in queue for 15 minutes, which is currently the case for me.