Why Is There No Sound Options?
The only sound options we have are for the menu, we don't really give a damn about that. But we do care when we play with headphones at max audio to hear anything in this game and then get our eardrums blown out when a chase get's started. Like seriously why isn't there an option to turn down chase music? It can be annoying (I'm talking about the many times you've screwed it up devs). It get's old (90% of the chase music in the game is literally a copy and paste from killer to killer) And at other times it can be too loud.
Why this isn't a feature is beyond me because I can't even think of something that would give someone an advantage by not having chase music, god forbid even turning it down a touch.
Comments
Because the game is designed for everyone to have the same experience. It's balance, really.
I'm not saying there should be an option to turn it off, just an option to turn it down. There can be baselines for it, like the way is is now can be the maximum with there being the ability to turn it down to a lower level, but not off. I play killer mostly and I play with headphones, listening is a killers best tool, and since survivors can be really quiet i have to turn up my audio. Lo and behold I find a survivor and get my ears blown out by how loud the chase music is. Being able to listen for survivors and not go deaf the second you find them would be an amazing quality of life fix. There is nothing unbalanced about this that I can see.
As mentioned above, it's basically a balance thing when it comes to ingame sounds. Sound design is such a huge part of the gameplay in DBD that they need to keep it consistent for all players in order to be able to balance around it.
That said, I would like an option to turn down menu sound effects in general. Or just have the devs adjust the bloodweb sounds.. please. They're so darn loud.
I would also like them to fix the sounds...again...
Even turning it down would wield a significant advantage. Turn your system sound down if it bothers you.