Ruin should be a timed effect instead of a totem

It's clear at this point that when survivors focus on generators the games go by pretty fast, it's no wonder Ruin is such a popular perk. Games should not be decided by totem RNG. When Ruin is found right away it fails to do the 1 thing it's supposed to (slow down the early game), when Ruin is up all match the killer player usually has an easy game as the gens don't get done in time.

Both of these extremes are bad, making Ruin a 2 min effect (like corrupt intervention) would solve both of these scenarios. It's time to balance the game.

Comments

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926903#Comment_926903

    The way I see it, I'd rather current Hex perks just function consistently across the board rather than have some games where they are here forever and some games where you are almost immediately down one or more perks.

    Also, wrong Bear Trap. I'm talking about Trapper's Bear Traps and how escaping them is completely up to RNG. Sometimes you are free in one attempt, and the Trapper basically got nothing out of it, and sometimes you can't escape after a gazillion tries and was able to be caught by the Trapper despite him being on the other side of Grim Pantry. That's kinda what (most) Hex perks feel like to me these days. For what it is worth, I 100% agree on your suggestion regarding Jigsaw Boxes, but I digress.

    I think Hex perks having lingering effects after being broken can help, but at this point, I'd rather just de-Hexify Hex perks. That's just me, though.

    Fair but I think that because of how strong some can be i.e. Devour hope or huntress lullaby they would need changed or nerfed if they weren't hex totems.

    The trapper one doesn't bother me as much. Since usually if I'm killer they run into traps when I'm really close. I doesn't bother me if I get unlucky escaping a trap because I just know its luck based and usually the killers close enough I can't do much about it anyway.

    It's been a really good discussion on this mate. It has made me think a lot more about hex totems than I had before.

  • @DBDIT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926788#Comment_926788

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/926788#Comment_926788

    I stay in the red as survivor and your point is absolutely ridiculous. Idk if you know this, but ranks 1-20 ALL have to do generators to escape. Gen rushing is just doing the MAIN objective of the game regardless if you like it or not. It's so funny how killer mains have this notion that survivors are suppose to be idiots or not do the main objective that leads to victory. That's not how it works, sorry.

    Are you calling me a killer main? LMAO, I actually play very close to 50/50, maybe like 55/45 and the 55 would be survivor so you're just plain wrong.

    Ohh and I'm always at red ranks, I can hold rank 1 on both sides.

  • One could argue that you take the risk of bad rng when you use ruin, and there are plenty of other perks killers can use to slow down gens.

  • The problem with making ruin work on a timer is that it would lessen the use of similar perks such as corrupt intervention. While using ruin affects all generators on the map with a small amount of slow down, it can be taken out immediately or last an entire game. Corrupt however completely restricts survivors from working on 3 generators in the map for a full 2 minutes.

1 2 ›