Overall State Of The Game
Quite frankly, the Devs should be embarrassed. I have been a player and supporter from launch day. But today I (A) un-installed the game from my library, and (B) removed the title and all DLC from my Steam account.
The game has become un-playable and has a community that is going to lead the game to a premature death. Every decision the Devs have made feels like a mistake:
A) Rank 5 Survivor (2-3 minute wait for a lobby)
B) Rank 9 Killer (20-30 minute wait for a lobby)
C) Steady stream of skins, DLC and "content" that offers nothing to expand the game and only introduces countless more bugs. It is a classic case of 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
D) I am convinced this game receives no QA / QC of any kind. I worked QA / QC for years in the Government and I no what the lack of it looks like.
E) Every initiative introduced into this game to expand, improve or further it is just a misfire, examples include:
1) A penalty feature for those that leave the game, as a result the slugging rate is at an all time high. I played exactly 10 Survivor games today and in 8 of them the Killer hooked no one until they had managed to slug all 4 and in the other 2 games the Killer slugged at least 1-2 people while trying to get all four down before hooking.
2) Events, The Rift / Tome are counter-productive. They result in the game being played in a manner that is not intended or fun. Players have an "I don't care what happens as long as I get my -insert achievement-" attitude.
F) Dedicated Servers that make the playing experience worse than when it was player hosted.
I need nor want any response to this discussion. I won't be returning after I submit this, I have finally had enough of this game, it's community and the developmental team. I only hope someone who gives a damn actually reads it, takes it to heart and maybe sits down with the powers-that-be and comes up with a strategy for those that decide to remain.
Good luck and good riddance.
Comments
Hope someone listens.
Bye.
See you in a week.
I have basically no wait time for killer at level 10-13, but at rank 8-9 survivor, I have a 3-5 minute wait. I read a book in the wait time, so it goes fast for me. The dedicated servers are fine for me as well, only occasionally will a hit land or miss that shouldn't have. I also enjoy the rifts, since it gives me cause to play characters or strategies that I normally wouldn't.
What I do take issue with is toxic survivors, an extremely unbalanced killer PIP system, a broken matchmaking system, and broken totem spawns. I also take issue with the more overpowered perks and add ons. It's still a fun game though, and not loaded to the gills with hackers like the majority of other online games.
I have zero wait time for Killer and about 10 minutes for Survivor at Rank 1 NA.
It sounds like you, from your post, play at a sub rank 10 level. The fact that Killers slug everyone before hooking any sounds like a very low rank strat, additionally, it is hilarious that no one managed to loop long enough to pick someone else up.
Slugging is a low level strat? omegalul
Slugging is not. Slugging everyone is. It is generally considered a meme, since it is nearly 100% going to be a de-pip and zero BP for the Killer.