Is this normal?

I usually play killer, but I never get into red rank as a killer despite having nearly 350 hours in-game . Is this normal?

And is it normal for purple rank killer to constantly play against red rank survivors?

Btw my playstyle is no ruin, no PGTW, no add-ons (except those that changes the power drastically like scratch mirror or pallet freddy), and i play all killers i own

Ps: i kind of already explained to myself lol, but i just want confirmations from others

Comments

  • Yes, it's normal. What wasn't normal as far as I remember was seeing green rank killers going against red ranks, which is what is happening now and killers are getting stomped and genrushed. I've just had a couple of matches in which gens popped in 6 minutes playing against green rank killers.

  • I have more hours than that and have also never reached red ranks as killer. I mean, I don't try, but I don't think I could even if I did try.

    I don't use Ruin, PGTW, or add-ons, either. I mostly run a farming build on my killers.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    I have more hours than that and have also never reached red ranks as killer. I mean, I don't try, but I don't think I could even if I did try.

    I don't use Ruin, PGTW, or add-ons, either. I mostly run a farming build on my killers.

    I guess we're pretty similar haha

  • I have 600ish hours and never reach red ranks don't worry about it

    Most of the time red ranks just mean you play the game a lot

    Me with my one or 2 killer games a day would have had to have a godlike month to reach rank 1, and i'm just not that good : P

    I'll probably reach it eventually with the new rank reset though

  • At rank 10, I was getting red rank and low purples, so yeah, that's normal. Getting to red rank as killer is difficult since it takes a lot of time to pip, but not a lot of time to gen rush. You're going to need a killer that can put a lot of pressure on early.

  • i think the current ranking system in general is dumb and lackluster. There should be much more ranking objectives added and players should not see what they are ranked for. |That way you cannot simply farm rankings and it will promote those who actually play all around instead just doing what they need and ranking up.