Daily reminder that DS still isn't purely an anti-tunnel perk
120 seconds of preventing the killer to do his objective on each survivor.
People that use DS can brainlessly abuse the DS they get after the unhook to force free hits from the killer.
Jumping into a locker prevents the killer from slugging you and he is forced to just stand there and wait or take the stun and lose a lot of momentum. ("Just wait 30 seconds, it's not that much." - Peanits)
Combining DS with Unbreakable has no counterplay at all, since the killer gets punished for slugging you.
Having DS up with open gates has no counterplay aswell.
Comments
So, I'm just gonna say something real quick and move on since I'm going to celebrate Christmas with my family. Even if the killer did that, there would still be a problem. The other survivor still gets off and for all we know, she also has decisive. Let's make a mock situation. The killer hooks.. Feng? I think, they hook her and annoying Steve runs up to unhook her. Here's what's going to happen.
1.) You pull Steve off only too get stabbed in the back and they hooked save the victim with probable BT and/or DS
2.) You do a LUNGE to try and avoid grabbing the Steve only for the Feng to still get off because of your attack cool down from hitting Steve and with number one, she could have BT and/or DS. This situation is will exactly happen if they tried doing it the way you suggested.
3.) You do nothing and wait only to get hit with a free second chance when you "tunnel" Steve.
Decisive Strike was annoying at first. At first. Now I feel as though it's gotten worse with EVERYONE getting to use it immediately after. One time I killed everyone, but Feng. I waited what I thought was 120, but then again. It's long. I pick her up, she runs to the 99% gate strategy (annoys me to hell and back.) I would have lost her no matter what I did and I didn't mention her perks, they were
Unbreakable
Dead hard
Decisive Strike
Spine chill
So even if I waited, she still would have gotten away. We were maybe like a foot away from the gate without hooks nearby.
I mentioned this later but I didn't realize steve wasn't injured in that video so my argument was kind of pointless.
Slugging is not a counter to DS. Its mitigation. And not even that if they have unbreakable.