A couple of QoL improvements to make Surge a better perk.

I really like the idea of Surge. It's a perk that rewards a killer for playing well, slows down the game and saves you valuable time.

However I feel like there is room for improvement. Surge is a really nice perk to have but it is unfortunately outclassed by Pop Goes The Weasel.

My suggestion to make Surge a better perk and a potential alternative to Pop is to either:

1). Buff the regression amount up to 10-12%

2). Shorten or straight up remove Surge's cooldown.

3). Make survivors who are currently working on a generator that has been affected by Surge scream and reveal their position.

4). Make it so Surge applies additional regression to generators currently being worked on when the perk activates.

Let me know which of the options listed above you like the most. Or do you think Surge is fine as it is? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Comments

  • 3 and 4 seem pretty good immersion wise and give Surge more synergy with other perks

  • Surge has been my favourite perk since after Demo came out, and even though it's not insanely strong or anything I think it's mostly alright as it is.

    Personally all I would do is shorten the cooldown, probably to like 20 seconds. The perk already kinda reveals survivors' locations if you've been paying attention to which gens are progressing.