Worth noting that this is how CS specifically does it, it's not the same for all games. In the case of Dead by Daylight, the killer is the authority. If the survivor is in range on the killer's screen, they will hit them. The idea is basically the same though, it may look weird on the survivor's end, but the important part is that the killer wouldn't have gotten the hit if they weren't in range on their end.
(But again, that's not what's going on here anyway.)
Worth noting that this is how CS specifically does it, it's not the same for all games. In the case of Dead by Daylight, the killer is the authority. If the survivor is in range on the killer's screen, they will hit them. The idea is basically the same though, it may look weird on the survivor's end, but the important part is that the killer wouldn't have gotten the hit if they weren't in range on their end.
(But again, that's not what's going on here anyway.)
I always try to explain to my friends about how the hit connect, they always believe that I am "Kidding" or joking
They also always blame hitboxes, which for me are completely fine. I understand the hits that are being hit onto me but sometimes, before this update, I have noticed some weird stuff at vaults at shack where I hit a survivor when I know I shouldn't have hit them
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
glad to see they gave huntress telekinesis
That's not hitbox issues, that's ping issues.
Sure that's green ping issue dud
Killer ping issues
A green ping at lobby doesn't mean a green ping all game.
The issue has nothing to do with hit box whatsoever.
The killer is desynched. It's in the known issues.
It is possible to get desynched between host and client.
We're looking into it.
That's your ping to the server. The killer also has a delay to the server.
Watch his VOD of that match
The killer was doing fine the whole game, spine chill wasn't even lit up, plus there's no way you can delay that much (4000ms according to the vod)
Woah, I knew this but I didn't think it would desync this long
Dev confirms it's a game issue
Everyone still: "MUST BE YOUR PING"
They are saying its the killers ping.
Same thing- it has nothing to do with their ping.
It's understandable, mate. Not everyone understands how dedicated servers work ;)
Thanks for this btw
I always wanted to see if my theory was true
Worth noting that this is how CS specifically does it, it's not the same for all games. In the case of Dead by Daylight, the killer is the authority. If the survivor is in range on the killer's screen, they will hit them. The idea is basically the same though, it may look weird on the survivor's end, but the important part is that the killer wouldn't have gotten the hit if they weren't in range on their end.
(But again, that's not what's going on here anyway.)
I always try to explain to my friends about how the hit connect, they always believe that I am "Kidding" or joking
They also always blame hitboxes, which for me are completely fine. I understand the hits that are being hit onto me but sometimes, before this update, I have noticed some weird stuff at vaults at shack where I hit a survivor when I know I shouldn't have hit them