What brought you to Dbd?

Did you friend showed you Dbd or did you maybe just found it for your own? Did you try to find a nice competetive game or did you wanted to try out a new horror game and ended up here? Tell me your reasons and maybe a little story to it!

My story:

A old friend of mine told me about it when Dbd first beta gameplay got online. He told me like "Hey I saw a nice horror game where you are in a arena trying to run away from a killer". I wasnt that much interested because I though it sounds boring. I was playing world of warcraft as my main game there and when Dbd got released I bought it to play it with him, he was really hyped about that game but I wasnt honestly xD I just played and bought it to play with him. After a couple of hours (50 kind of) he was bored because he got frustrated dying so fast and he stopped playing it. I started to like dbd but I was playing wow at hardcore progress raiding so I didnt had the time to play dbd. I was playing it really casually, even I was playing dbd at launch I dont have any legacy (rip me, I am so dumb and I hate myself for that). At clown chapter I started played dbd as my main game and ended up with 2.8k hours into it. I am addicted! :D

Comments

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    This is the only asymmetrical game worth playing. Despite the fact that the community doesn't seem to known what that word means.

    Some of us don't know what it means... However, some of us actually want balance...

  • @KiraElijah said:

    @GrootDude yep sure did,and I brought you to the forums

    Yeppers

  • Free for ps+. Used to be fun before I started encountering all the bugs in the game

  • Free download on PlayStation. Got absolutely sucked in and ended up buying the game for myself (I wasn't a big gamer at the time and didn't have my own account or ps4). It's one of those games that I just find interesting. I love horror games but most of them are stories that end. This one I can play infinitely. The variety of killers is nice too. Im never really able to main a character because I love all of them; especially the designs. Most games I'll find a main and eventually get bored but not this one!

  • I had seen this when it first came out followed it for a while to see if it would come to console. It didn't so i stopped following until i heard it did by it being on the PS store for PS Plus. So i got it. Haven't regret it since. :)

  • Simple, SxyHxy playing Myers. Boy did that rope me in, I really wanted to play my man Mikey.

  • I used to play F13 A LOT with my friend group and it was a great time. The game started to slowly die so I jumped over to DBD and convinced all of them to buy it as well. Took a while as I joined in March 2018 and they didn’t join until July 2018 (pretty sure the BBQ event).

    The reason I joined was one reason. Michael Myers. I’ve always loved Myers and wanted a video game for Myers. If it wasn’t for Myers I probably wouldn’t have joined DBD as soon as I did. That’s why I believe licensed chapters are beneficial because it’ll bring in players because they see their favorite horror icon.

  • Had some friends tell me about the closed beta and I got in on that. I really liked the horror vibe and had a lot of fun playing with them in KYF. I ended up buying it when it went on sale Halloween of 2016. Been addicted since then.

  • I don't remember when I got it exactly, but it was after the release of COD WW2. I needed a multiplayer fix and tried out some other games. I had seen dbd but was always a COD junkie. I picked up a used copy from game flop and it's been my main game since then.

    I actually enjoy the new COD, but DBD is my go to game.

    I gotta fit in some SW Jedi: fallen order though. I bought the game when it released and barely started playing last nite...

  • I brought me here.

  • It was free in the PS store.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Sign_Spinner said:

    I lost a bet.

    Must've been a worthy bet.

  • When it was free on PS Plus.

    I've always been interested in the game but I didnt have any friends to play with so couldnt be bothered to give it a try. Then it was free on Playstation and I just had to try it. I was immediately hooked, what a great game. Had to buy all the dlc after that hahah, so I guess it was a good strategy giving it away on PS+.

1 2 3 ›