Can you just delete keys already?

why is a tool in the game a free win??? Like dude it’s so annoying not being able to finish the game all because someone had to key that is encounterable. On top that man I’m just trying to get my stupid noed challenge and survivors literally keep escaping with keys. 5 games in a row and I would bet that’s because your stupid challenge to deplete 3 keys.


oh and too give survivors a little love back if you fix keys (no more free escapes or multiple escapes off of one item) than make Moris a required 2 hooks to be granted access to the kill animation so survivors games aren’t cheated short either

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Update: I just got into another lobby and someone had a key! I dodged the lobby. This game is going to make me bat sh*t f*cking crazy

  • Yes, they're using powerful items to complete their challenge - just like you're using a powerful perk to complete yours. I understand it's frustrating, but it's not the end of the world either. And no, I'm not suggesting that keys and NOED are equivalent, just that you're both just trying to complete your challenges so you can't really blame them for it any more than they can you.

    Having said that, the idea that keys are a free escape is a myth. In order to use one, the survivors have to first complete a certain amount of generators, then they have to actually find the hatch before you find them - which is probably a lot harder if they're all still alive and you've got NOED.

    A lot of the time, a survivor who brings a key ends up dying or losing it to Franklin's Demise before they even get a chance to use it. Even if the person with a key is the last one, they can use it to get out through the hatch after you've closed it, but again, they still have to find it and they only have two minutes to do so. I have died to EGC about 50% of the games when I've been put in this situation and attempted a hatch escape.

    Saying that keys are a free escape is like saying that moris are a free kill, even though the killer has to win two chases before they can even use an ebony or ivory mori.

    I don't want to debate whether or not keys should be removed from the game or rebalanced or whatever, because that's an argument I'm tired of listening to if I'm being honest. I just wanted to debunk the idea that a key equals a free escape, because it's not actually true, and if you're going to have discussions about balance it's important to have an accurate understanding of the mechanic you're proposing changes to.

  • What Fibijean said ^

    This nonsense about a key being a free escape needs to stop. it's simply objectively false

  • @RakimSockem said:

    What Fibijean said ^

    This nonsense about a key being a free escape needs to stop. it's simply objectively false

    Last person got a key. You found the hatch first and closed it. What now?

    No free escape, you're right, the person needs to walk to the hatch and press M1.

    I'm such a fool kappa.

  • @Fibijean said:

    Yes, they're using powerful items to complete their challenge - just like you're using a powerful perk to complete yours. I understand it's frustrating, but it's not the end of the world either. And no, I'm not suggesting that keys and NOED are equivalent, just that you're both just trying to complete your challenges so you can't really blame them for it any more than they can you.

    Having said that, the idea that keys are a free escape is a myth. In order to use one, the survivors have to first complete a certain amount of generators, then they have to actually find the hatch before you find them - which is probably a lot harder if they're all still alive and you've got NOED.

    A lot of the time, a survivor who brings a key ends up dying or losing it to Franklin's Demise before they even get a chance to use it. Even if the person with a key is the last one, they can use it to get out through the hatch after you've closed it, but again, they still have to find it and they only have two minutes to do so. I have died to EGC about 50% of the games when I've been put in this situation and attempted a hatch escape.

    Saying that keys are a free escape is like saying that moris are a free kill, even though the killer has to win two chases before they can even use an ebony or ivory mori.

    I don't want to debate whether or not keys should be removed from the game or rebalanced or whatever, because that's an argument I'm tired of listening to if I'm being honest. I just wanted to debunk the idea that a key equals a free escape, because it's not actually true, and if you're going to have discussions about balance it's important to have an accurate understanding of the mechanic you're proposing changes to.

    keys are most of the time a free escape, that’s not a myth at all. It doesn’t matter if you still have to do some generators - proof is that endgame builds are totally nullified by keys: bloodwarden, rancor, remember me, NOED... all useless perks because of a broken item.

    And yes, mori is a “free kill” as well, if used after the second down.

    if you want to be very strict in your terminology then let’s not say free but on sale - still, it should change.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/903318#Comment_903318

    Last person got a key. You found the hatch first and closed it. What now?

    No free escape, you're right, the person needs to walk to the hatch and press M1.

    I'm such a fool kappa.

    Run Whispers. Find them before they find the hatch.

  • Still a bet. And without an instadown they get a sprintburst.

  • I'm convinced people are posting these threads as bait now.