Gen rushing and tunneling

Why is Gen rushing "ok" but tunneling isnt? both lead to each side completing their main objective.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Popsos360 i can understand where ya coming from. I dont camp or face camp. Only time i do that is when some bm me. I only tunnel to thin the herd. To make it harder on them. But with all my killers i run Franklin demise to get rid of there items. I do play survior to. But when it happen to me. I dont say its unfair or the killer is trash. Cuz i know that killer is doung what he can to get his or her kills. But for me both sides still fun. But what every fails to realise that you still can punish the killer either way it goes. But to me yes still fun.

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908889#Comment_908889

    I dont understand why survivors get mad at tunneling, like just dont get caught xD

    what a well thought reply im impressed, well done, exceptional communication skills... LMAO

    Surviors are literally doing what they are supposed to do: doing gens, if the killer is not after them what are they supposed to do? just wait? there is literally nothing else for them to do unless someone is hooked. The killer can tunnel if he wants, thats what DS is for, or camp, still doesnt change the fact that while hes running after just one person, or camping one survivor instead of gen patroling/kicking/etc the gens are gonna get done. The killer sets the pace 100% and, unlike others, I accept when im doing a crappy job at killing them and gens get done, I dont blame "gen rushing" I blame myself that I took too long chasing them or focused on one survivor to even care about the rest of the survivors/gens. Gen rushing = bad killer, sorry.

  • its hard to pressure 4 players at once. especially on the rare occasion that they're a SWF.

  • since I cant delete a repeat im editing this

  • wow it posted 3 times

  • @DarthRane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899792#Comment_899792

    Tunneling is in the survivors control it's called body blocking. If you were actually concerned about it the team would make a concerted effort to block the killer. But I guess it's asking too much to get off your gen lol.

    Tunneling is not in the survivors control! Maybe in certain situations but at the end of the day, it's the killer who chooses to tunnel. If the killer is a hard core tunneller, survivors are gonna struggle (well at least 1 will).

    Recently went against the most tunnel vision killer I've ever faced, on Hawkins Lab. He'd focus solely on 1 survivor until they were dead, even ignoring someone he literally just downed. I body blocked the hell out of him, threw pallets in his face, did all I could and the most he ever did was hit me once and then continue following the other person. At one point, the entire team swarmed around the hook to rescue this poor survivor and even though 3 of us were injured (he even downed someone next to hook), he STILL went after the unhooked who had fled to another room.

    How exactly were we in control of that situation? That was all the killer. In fact, I wasted so much time trying to 'help' I think I single handedly caused the whole team to fail. If I had gen rushed instead of trying to body block we probably would have all escaped. I will NOT be making that mistake again!

    It's clear to me if you get tunneled, it's your job is to make the killer work for it while the rest of the team are on gens. I'll help if I can but if the killer is going to those lengths the team will better off doing gens.

  • @ThisLadyRightHere said:

    I don’t tunnel unless you’re an grade A-Hole to me teabag me and blinding me at every pallet you come in contact to think you’re are god at the game

    I don’t care if I win or lose, I’m a fun killer, I play for fun not to be a tryhard sweat bag. I don’t like tunnel, but “it’s a strategy to tip the game in your favor”. tunneling an innocent survivors because you care to much about hopefully winning or gain a kill while in the process of Ruining the other players time. Is not okay with me.

    As Rank 1 survivor I like match that last long than 4 mins. I play for fun not be a tryhard.

    Just as kiIler queues it’s a 5-10min wait for a match and I hate waiting for a match only to get a killer that’s just gonna tunneled/camped

    As killer WAS a purple rank 5-7 and all the time I always got full team of Red Ranks sweating their butts off to escape. I don’t use Hex: Ruin or NOED often because I don’t like it on both sides. It’s a waste of a perk slot and creativity for builds. This irritated me as they are not willing to play a longer games. Regardless if they died or lived.

    So I dedicate myself to DeRanking back to Rank 13 with (Insidious, NOED, Bloodwarden, and Rancor with shroud of separation) I just sat at the exit gate and sure enough 5 gens done within 2-4mins. Literally went to get a slice of pizza once for 3 mins all the generator were done NOED activates down a survivor open exit gate hook survivor and the rest went downhill.

    By the time I hit Rank 10-11 I noticed a big difference in survivors. Instead of “Gen Rushing” to just get out they spend time actually looking for and we actually had fun game not 4king or just farming we literally had fun. I’ve started going against head on builds, sabo build with no mithers, kobe builds with luck offering, treasure chests builds with coins. It’s really nice to see as killer and not having people with the same perks (DS adrenaline dead hard and BT.)

    I play Ghostface I love the Rank I’m currently and enjoy I love toying with my survivors whether I’m crouch walking behind them or I’m teabag them away from the hook or mori spamming them for a bit (not the whole game because that just unfun) and they enjoy it too. Thats all that matter to me. Enjoyment is my priority for everyone.

    Exactly theres no enjoyment on either side if youre sweating as suv or killer

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/908952#Comment_908952

    what a well thought reply im impressed, well done, exceptional communication skills... LMAO

    Surviors are literally doing what they are supposed to do: doing gens, if the killer is not after them what are they supposed to do? just wait? there is literally nothing else for them to do unless someone is hooked. The killer can tunnel if he wants, thats what DS is for, or camp, still doesnt change the fact that while hes running after just one person, or camping one survivor instead of gen patroling/kicking/etc the gens are gonna get done. The killer sets the pace 100% and, unlike others, I accept when im doing a crappy job at killing them and gens get done, I dont blame "gen rushing" I blame myself that I took too long chasing them or focused on one survivor to even care about the rest of the survivors/gens. Gen rushing = bad killer, sorry.

    Its nice too see theres some people that have average iq on dbd :).

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899584#Comment_899584

    eliminating one person makes it easier to juggle a team.

    Yes but... On the other hand it doesnt... Because you tunnel and camp 1 guy out you have 1-2 gens left and 3 suvs that hasnt got hooked once.

  • @EnviouSLAY said:

    gen rushing is pretty frowned on as well; but most people call it gen rushing even if every survivor is on a gen solo and pops them.

    Gen rushing shouldn't be considered wrong though, the whole objective of a survivor is to do the gens quickly and escape. The longer the match, the less likely you are to survive (unless its a very well played match and not a noob survivor). Yes this may annoy the killer but it means the survivors are working well as a team and doing pretty much the only objective they have.

    The whole point of killer is to kill the survivors. Tunneling and camping aren't wrong either but it can sometimes come across as cheap tactics. Yes it's a legit strategy but if all you do is face camp every match, it doesn't exactly take much skill... you just stand there and wait till someone comes to you (I'm looking at you Leatherfacecamp extraordinaire lol).

    I understand why people get frustrated but from a survivor point of view camping/tunneling often drastically changes 1 unfortunate survivors round. I used to get really annoyed about campers and tunnelers when I was a noob but now I stopped caring so much. Stopped caring about my rank, which ironically seemed to make me rank up better and just did my bit for the team.

  • @Popsos360 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/899767#Comment_899767

    Yes but... On the other hand it doesnt... Because you tunnel and camp 1 guy out you have 1-2 gens left and 3 suvs that hasnt got hooked once.

    The tunneling I'm talking about is going after someone after you hooked another person even though they were just unhooked.

1 2 ›