Cross-Progression (Not crossplay)

With Dead by Daylight now on every platform possible, one key feature is missing. I’ve played the game on Xbox for the past 3 years and recently bought it on PC. The Experience is so much better and it’s gotten me to the point where I don’t want to play on Xbox ever again. So what’s holding me back?

3 years of work and cosmetic spending will be for nothing if I move to PC. I genuinely don’t care if I have to buy DLC characters again, I just want to keep my Killer/Survivor data (Perks, Levels, Cosmetics, ect).

Player data is already stored on cloud servers. The only reasons I’ve seen about not implementing cross-progression is because of “Licensing Issues” from characters and the fact there would need to be a system of “Dead by Daylight accounts” to link those cloud IDs to.

To these, I gotta ask. What’s the plan for Xbox and PlayStation players when the next gen consoles come? Do you expect them to give up all their progress and restart? Some form of data transfer has to be implemented if this game is to survive and not sink into the pit of PC niches. Unless a sequel is in the works, I would put this on your top 5 “To do” list.

I’m not asking for crossplay. I’m not asking for free DLC characters if I’ve already bought them. Though those would be nice, I understand how difficult that would be. I simply want to have the ability to carry my progress and cosmetic purchases between platforms.

Comments

  • I'm a console player. I want also crossplay to play with my pc friends and faster matchmaking. More time to serch a match then actually playng is unacceptable.

  • I want to be able to play the game on PC, but I've put so much time and money into DbD on PS4 that there's no way I'll buy it on PC unless they make cross-progress a thing. I'm not starting over from scratch and re-purchasing everything. There's just no way.