This is why we can’t ban for the basement hook bug. (One reason anyway)

5B8CC36E-7260-4BC1-8047-622EC4FAF7A7.jpeg

(The rest of the conversation is about Oni so it won’t be included)

Sometimes it is the only hook available, it sucks but sometimes it has to happen. We also have basement hook missions in the tome so we can’t just force people to not do their challenges.

Another reason is that not everyone knows about it yet, unless an in-game news thing was put up then we would still have people who didn’t know getting banned.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I agree - banning for it isn’t practical.

    Then again, releasing a known bug this bad is also not practical, and we don’t have an eta on when it’ll be fixed so it feels like kind of a moot point anyway.

  • Basement hooks are too core of a gameplay element to just ban people for using them.

    All Killer players utilize basement hooks sometimes, so this isn't like the Legion addons where we would expect people to conveniently switch to exclusively using those addons, since they would already be hooking in the basement anyways.

    And even if they suddenly switch to using a basement build the challenges are an alternative explanation for that

  • @LordRegal said:

    I agree - banning for it isn’t practical.

    Then again, releasing a known bug this bad is also not practical, and we don’t have an eta on when it’ll be fixed so it feels like kind of a moot point anyway.

    To be fair, I don't think the bug was known on release. There was only one "Known Issue" on the list when the Patch Notes came out, and that was the Russian localisation one. The rest have been added since then, presumably based on player feedback and additional internal testing.

    Still, it's pretty gamebreaking, so I expect/hope that they'll be working to fix it ASAP.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/889859#Comment_889859

    To be fair, I don't think the bug was known on release. There was only one "Known Issue" on the list when the Patch Notes came out, and that was the Russian localisation one. The rest have been added since then, presumably based on player feedback and additional internal testing.

    Still, it's pretty gamebreaking, so I expect/hope that they'll be working to fix it ASAP.

    Got it, I admittedly didn’t see the patch notes until the bug was on it.

    In that case I gotta question the QA...speaking from someone who does software dev, our QA department are so nit picky it really gets on my nerves, but they do great work and find things comparable to this (except not game related) in no time at all...

  • Not to mention the basement hook challenges for the Archives are a thing.

  • @Spooky13 said:

    Not to mention the basement hook challenges for the Archives are a thing.

    Those got mentioned in my post.

  • Banning for this would be really unfair but they need to fix this asap. I'm probably not going to play the game until they do because it seems like many killers are starting to abuse this already.

  • @arslaN said:

    Banning for this would be really unfair but they need to fix this asap. I'm probably not going to play the game until they do because it seems like many killers are starting to abuse this already.

    I’m still playing dbd but I’ll be playing Paladins a bit more while it is fixed.

  • Like most bugs in this game, there are people 'trying' to exploit it, but you can't weed them out from legitimate players that have little choice or knowledge. The community will just have to deal with it until the hotfix.

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/889889#Comment_889889

    Got it, I admittedly didn’t see the patch notes until the bug was on it.

    In that case I gotta question the QA...speaking from someone who does software dev, our QA department are so nit picky it really gets on my nerves, but they do great work and find things comparable to this (except not game related) in no time at all...

    Sometimes I wonder about that too, to be honest. Many of the bugs which come up in the PTB, I feel, are the kind of thing that would be picked up within a few hours of thorough bug testing. Perhaps they run the development to such a tight schedule that they don't have time to do a lot of QA, and that's what the PTB is for.

    But I don't work for BHVR, nor am I privvy to what goes on at the studio every day, so I want to be careful about making too many assumptions about what they are or are not prioritising in their development process.