Is there a penalty for dcing?
I was under the impression that this update introduced timeouts when someone Dced. So I've tested it twice and have yet to be placed in timeout.
I was under the impression that this update introduced timeouts when someone Dced. So I've tested it twice and have yet to be placed in timeout.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
They'll start with the timeouts on thursday! :)
That system has not been turned on yet- our plan is to test it on Thursday, although we won't be turning it on until the game is in a stable state.
Thanks Peanits. Just so you know, I was merely testing the system, because I was curious.
this isnt including console correct??? as we dont have dedicated servers
Correct.
Not on PS4. We don't have dedicated servers.
*****Edit I thought was on PS4 discussion. Sorry
this isnt including xbox and ps4 right?
Yea, it’s about getting the right people who do it intentionally and not the ones who get kicked from the game somehow or if your connection Bamboozled on you. A step towards a good system I would say. Cuz the people who dc consecutively, needs to be hit with the timeout hammer.
Afaik it's only being applied to platforms on dedicated servers. Consoles (besides switch) are still peer to peer, so it'll be a while before it applies to xbox and PS4.
Won't be turned on ever. After 3 years they are still fighting it.
How long is the timer? And will it also include the first DC of the day? Hoping you get 1-off per day incase something does happen that prevents you from playing super immediately.
I got 4k and disconnected after that. Imagine that also get penalty for DC. if this happened it will be last game for me.