Whats with the Nerf Billy talk and speculation?

He's not -that- strong. Not so strong he needs that dreaded word "rework." He's stable. You have to learn how to finesse with that chainsaw, otherwise he's just as useless as a day 1 trapper main.


He has been the same practically since the game came out? So whats with the NERF BILLY, REWORK BILLY talk? Honestly it's starting to seem like people are grasping for straws almost like knee jerk posts where "OMG I DIED TO A BILLY HE MUST BE OP!"

So whats the Deal Community?

Comments

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904098#Comment_904098

    He got a huge weakness. Loops. Understand how to run a jungle gym and he needs to M1 you. After he M1ed you, you basically won the chase no matter what, because his strength in chase only comes from his instadown.

    Ummm... what? Loops? I thought looping is basically what you do with every killer... It's kind of like saying 'survivors' weakness is that they can die'.

    @Nyaren_Chan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/108732/whats-with-the-nerf-billy-talk-and-speculation

    He is high-tier and pretty balanced, when you manage to avoid his chainsaw charges and make him bump into walls.. or just never get noticed in the first place.. you can easily defeat him. The only rework i could understand would be a cool-down for his chainsaw, but him getting stunned when bumping into stuff is already a "cool-down" to me.

    However, does Low-Tier Killers deserve a rework, such as Doctor or Pig..

    So, he's pretty balanced and all we have to is 'manage to avoid his chainsaw'? So maybe simplify this advice to 'he's pretty balanced, you just have to not die' :D So Nurse and Spirit are also absolutely fine, just avoid blink and haunting and you'll see they're balanced and didn't need any nerf :D What kind of an argument is that? Do you even read yourself? I get it, you like Billy, I liked old Spirit, but it doesn't mean I considered her fine. With old beads game was turning into an easy mode. And I'm sure some Spirit mains would say 'she was balanced, all you needed to do was to mind game her haunting'. With that argument nothing is ever overpowered.

    And as for 'low tier killers'... maybe, but buffing needs to be also done carefully, in order to not 'Freddy' the given killer. But if you look at stats Pig is doing pretty alright, Doc as well. I like them both actually, Doc has some cool builds, Pig can also be very dangerous, with specific maps especially. Maybe they could use some teaks, but I don't think it's that important now.

  • @Nomadd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904906#Comment_904906

    Ummm... what? Loops? I thought looping is basically what you do with every killer... It's kind of like saying 'survivors' weakness is that they can die'.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/905011#Comment_905011

    So, he's pretty balanced and all we have to is 'manage to avoid his chainsaw'? So maybe simplify this advice to 'he's pretty balanced, you just have to not die' :D So Nurse and Spirit are also absolutely fine, just avoid blink and haunting and you'll see they're balanced and didn't need any nerf :D What kind of an argument is that? Do you even read yourself? I get it, you like Billy, I liked old Spirit, but it doesn't mean I considered her fine. With old beads game was turning into an easy mode. And I'm sure some Spirit mains would say 'she was balanced, all you needed to do was to mind game her haunting'. With that argument nothing is ever overpowered.

    And as for 'low tier killers'... maybe, but buffing needs to be also done carefully, in order to not 'Freddy' the given killer. But if you look at stats Pig is doing pretty alright, Doc as well. I like them both actually, Doc has some cool builds, Pig can also be very dangerous, with specific maps especially. Maybe they could use some teaks, but I don't think it's that important now.

    I didn't mean it in such a simplistic way, but fine. I meant if you have enough skill you can manage to dodge his chainsaw. As I said, again, I perfectly understand how people can ask for a cooldown for his power (like most killers)..

  • He already has a cooldown. He also cant even attack for a few seconds after putting the chainsaw away.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/905028#Comment_905028

    Potential changes;

    Lower his movement speed while revving the chainsaw. Prevents him keeping pace with survivors without losing ground for as long as he likes while he keeps the chainsaw ready to drop.

    Add a chainsaw cooldown, proportional to duration. You use it quickly in a chase, you might get a 5 second cooldown. You charge across the entire map and land 5 meters from someone? You can't immediately rev that ######### on their ass for an easy down.

    110 speed. Billy mains LOVE to talk about how highly skilled they are. Well if you're such a god with a chainsaw, then being slower otherwise really shouldn't affect you at all. Simple.

    His movement speed is already slowed when revving chainsaw.

    Already has a 3 second cooldown after using his chainsaw, he cant even M1, vault windows or break pallets during that cooldown.

    Nerf his charge addons. His basekit is balanced: strong but has a lot of counterplay.

  • @Nomadd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904272#Comment_904272

    Why are you using word 'mindless' as a response to my post, like if I used it? Which I did not. And honestly, I have much better record vs EVERY other killer and my team always (well 95%) gets totally wrecked by Billy. And I don't play on high ranks, 10-ish. But okay, I have that experience, you might say you have much different, that's not a real argument. So let me, try to, explain to you why I hate Billy and why I don't consider him balanced at all.

    • Charge - M2 and off you go, NO requirements to fulfill, no downside, no nothing, just M2 and run, maybe even hit someone sometimes, but okay, that's not big issue, since getting hit on large distance is rather rare and easy to avoid (unless we add high ping and weird hit boxes but that's not just his issue). But you know, my problem is that there's no downside, no nothing to it, once you stop running you just charge the chainsaw, which is really fast and you can run/kill again. Nurse can blink super fast, but gets fatigued, gives you some chance to run away/hide/something. Legion cannot really kill you with frenzy, unless some addon combos exist which I don't know of. Oni has to collect blood and can charge for limited amount of time - and that's really balanced charge combined with attack. See what I'm talking about?
    • One shot downing - not totally bad by itself, Bubba has pretty much the same thing and it's fine... but... I think combining THAT fast movement and insta kills? Come on. This one is tied to the charge, doesn't require anything, doesn't have any downside (no, stopping when hitting an obstacle is not a downside, just in case someone would like to say that), doesn't have cooldown.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904337#Comment_904337

    No, he's really unfun to play against.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904285#Comment_904285

    So... basically what? Looping him is his weakness? I mean... isn't good looping good vs almost every other killer? That's hardly a reasonable argument, unless I don't get something. But let me put it this way - I loop a killer X somewhere, use windows, pallets, even lockers, utilize some quick & quiet maybe with dance with me, manage to confuse him, run to the other place. He runs around for a moment and I'm far away. Even if he sees me, I'm far enough away to make this distance even bigger and disappear somewhere, so he won't go after me, because he'll lose even more time. Billy? Just M2 charge to me in 3 seconds and off we go again. Honestly I was never ever able to really lose him, only time I didn't go down was when I played vs some even lower rank Billy and he got too mad after tryharding saw around some corners and just left me.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904661#Comment_904661

    Difference between 'strong' and 'too strong'.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/904286#Comment_904286

    Amen to that. I don't really like playing vs Freddy too much either, would I like nerf? Maybe, but probably not as much as Billy's.

    And I agree with pre-nerf Nurse and Spirit. To all Billy mains, I used to play like almost only Spirit for some time and it was really an 'easy mode'. Needed easy points? Spirit and that's it. But even as, back then, Spirit main I was agreeing with people who wanted to nerf her. She was really insane. But multiplayer game is not just about me and what I want, if there's so much 'whining' about Billy, maybe there's something on the line? If it was one post here and there, okay, but I think it's been going on for a while, if devs said they'll look into it. And then looking at the stats and how well is he performing. It's always annoying when in some game your favorite character is nerfed, but well, there are other people too and what's weak or okay for you maybe not as fine for others. I do much, much better against Spirit than Billy, but I wouldn't say 'she's perfectly balanced, because I do okay', there are other players too.

    Short loops and LOS blockers are his weakness. He is very counter able. And yes, looping is the weakness to his saw. But, like I said either side can outplay the other. Billy is nowhere near too strong. His saw doesn't need any requirements because it can be difficult to hit saws verse survivors who look out for curves. But that is what balances him.

  • Billy is balanced and most of the community can agree. Although realistically you can't chainsaw through windows or around corners, dbd is a wonderfully jank game. I myself play Billy a lot and against laggy survivors every other chainsaw is gonna have a phantom hit.

  • I think some people here are delusional to think the community is fine with Billy as he is. More people with the same points as Nomadd are going to come forward the closer we get to Billy's addon rework.

  • @Mr_K said:

    I think some people here are delusional to think the community is fine with Billy as he is. More people with the same points as Nomadd are going to come forward the closer we get to Billy's addon rework.

    Thanks. I hope so. I have few years of experience in balancing games, card, mobile, shooters I know a 'bit' what I'm talking about. And sure, I mentioned I'm rather new to DBD, but still, Billy is nowhere near to be balanced. When you look at the stats he was performing better than Spirit and I think that speaks for itself.

    And I find it hard to believe someone is using obstacles or loops as an argument that they are 'counters' to Billy. No, obstacles affect every character in the game and looping is a 'mechanic' against every killer. But there's no killer that with basic kit can get to you fast as Nurse and insta down you like Leatherface. Nurse with Devour? No problem, but she has to work for those tokens, keeping the totem active... So no, Billy in that shape and form is one of the worst balanced killers. He can have his sprint, his saw, that's not the issue per se, issue is with cooldowns, or lack of them. Imagine Spirit without cooldown, just activation time, would that be balanced? And she can't even insta down you. Yes, it's not the same power bla bla bla, I know, but it's same 'category'; overperforming character, technically you obviously can mindgame her, you can juke her, you can not let her hit you with her haunting.

  • I'm glad he's getting nerfed.

    He needs to have his turning and his insta-rev nerfed.

    Lot of people have been tired of his abilty to turn-on-a-dime and down someone. It's highly unfair to effortlessly being able to run nonstop and turn like how he does.

    The insta-rev is unmindgameable, especially within 1-10 meters.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    Who's been asking for him to be nerfed???

    Hexy, everytime I pop in his streams he's always talking about how "OP" Billy is and begs for nerfs everytime someone brings up the best killer in dbd.

  • @SaltySwag said:

    He's not -that- strong. Not so strong he needs that dreaded word "rework." He's stable. You have to learn how to finesse with that chainsaw, otherwise he's just as useless as a day 1 trapper main.

    He has been the same practically since the game came out? So whats with the NERF BILLY, REWORK BILLY talk? Honestly it's starting to seem like people are grasping for straws almost like knee jerk posts where "OMG I DIED TO A BILLY HE MUST BE OP!"

    So whats the Deal Community?

    Kinda hilarious how you get the "Who's asking for him to be nerfed?" Lol this forum gets that ######### every other day what do you mean nobody is asking for it. In all honesty he's in a fine place and I don't think they should touch him much at all. Bubba on the other hand needs love and bad, he really is awful killer wise.

1 2 ›