Uncapped FPS and Unhooking yourself

It seems as the dedicated servers will not allow you to unhook yourself at all if you have uncapped fps, even with deliverance?

Comments

  • Wait I thought it was a normal bug, are you sure it's for uncapped fps?

  • I can confirm that when running the game in 1440p and at a rock solid 200 FPS (I capped it at 200 using Software Riva Tuner Statistics Server) then sometimes it definitely does not work! The same thing happens with some events like when a medkit is supposed to heal you 2 times fully and then deplete, that you sometimes can not get fully healed because the depletion occures like 0.1 % before you are fully healed... Something is very off in that sense...

  • I'll just be here with my 30fps PS4...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I thought they locked the FPS since the newer engine update last patch to stop things like this from happening.

    Game should only allow up to 120 FPS at the moment.

    I haven't played since the engine update on the main PC.. so it is possible that it changed. Have to try it again to confirm if they fixed it!

  • Technically the game is capped at 120 FPS right now after the latest update, I am not sure why that was made a thing..

  • A combo of too many people that didn't put any thought into not only what they're doing when it comes to configuring their FPS and vsync settings but also how to correctly do it and ended up doing it wrong which in itself creates all kinds of weird problems & that previously the dedicated servers were running at a tickrate of 30 which greatly exacerbated things. Now that they are using 60 with a hard cap of 120 it cuts down on some of the user created issues. Not to even mention how many people confuse refresh rate & fps and omg don't get me started on literally every single "guide" I've seen on YouTube and steam etc that all seem to love suggesting almost the stupidest things and worst possible settings lol

    This game is quite fussy and touchy to begin with when everything is done correctly, and it really acts up when you do silly things like give yourself practically random high FPS values thinking it's doing something to help you when in fact it's making things much worse.

  • @forthelulz said:

    A combo of too many people that didn't put any thought into not only what they're doing when it comes to configuring their FPS and vsync settings but also how to correctly do it and ended up doing it wrong which in itself creates all kinds of weird problems & that previously the dedicated servers were running at a tickrate of 30 which greatly exacerbated things. Now that they are using 60 with a hard cap of 120 it cuts down on some of the user created issues. Not to even mention how many people confuse refresh rate & fps and omg don't get me started on literally every single "guide" I've seen on YouTube and steam etc that all seem to love suggesting almost the stupidest things and worst possible settings lol

    This game is quite fussy and touchy to begin with when everything is done correctly, and it really acts up when you do silly things like give yourself practically random high FPS values thinking it's doing something to help you when in fact it's making things much worse.

    I don't get your point here. Dedicated servers tickrate is not depending on your FPS.... Every, literally every other game out there let's you run the game at whichever FPS you want! And there are no problems... And what do you mean by wrong VSync settings? You can decide if you want VSync on or off...

  • I thought we weren't supposed to uncap FPS lock. Am I mistaken? I thought they deliberately locked it at 60, so anything you complain because you unlocked it is your business not developers.

  • Last time I used deliverance it took three attempts to jump off. Uncapped at 120fps.

  • @forthelulz said:

    A combo of too many people that didn't put any thought into not only what they're doing when it comes to configuring their FPS and vsync settings but also how to correctly do it and ended up doing it wrong which in itself creates all kinds of weird problems & that previously the dedicated servers were running at a tickrate of 30 which greatly exacerbated things. Now that they are using 60 with a hard cap of 120 it cuts down on some of the user created issues. Not to even mention how many people confuse refresh rate & fps and omg don't get me started on literally every single "guide" I've seen on YouTube and steam etc that all seem to love suggesting almost the stupidest things and worst possible settings lol

    This game is quite fussy and touchy to begin with when everything is done correctly, and it really acts up when you do silly things like give yourself practically random high FPS values thinking it's doing something to help you when in fact it's making things much worse.

    Then please tell me the right way to do it