Tunneling is a term ppl who can't escape use

I'm not talking about killers who camp, just ppl who get into chases constantly and lose.

Comments

  • @KingHEADBUSTER said:

    I'm not talking about killers who camp, just ppl who get into chases constantly and lose.

    Once upon a time that might be true.

    But currently you can fast vault a window and get hit way on the other side as if the killer has gorilla length arms. (Killer did NOT grab the window frame and lean out to get you like someone straining for an item in the back of the attic.)

    You can be trying to juke a killer, see them swing, visibly not touch you, and you get hit.

    Imagine playing Modern Warfare, seeing a sniper's bullet visibly miss you, then it kills you somehow.

    With chases being like that it's easy to see why people get sensitive about tunneling.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    So what do you call it when the killer decides to target someone specifically over and over again or may even throw the game in order to specifically target someone, then?

    I'm not against the killer tunneling, especially because Decisive Strike exists, but let's not pretend the act of tunneling itself doesn't exist in an attempt to justify it. It doesn't need justifying.

    honestly if a killer tunnels me and I can actually last for a long ass chase then I feel proud of myself

  • I mean I'm by no means denying that there's plenty of terms that are horribly misused (camping, tunneling, genrush, even toxicity) but it's meant to just refer to excessive tunnelvision.

    While it's rarer than sometimes claimed "true tunneling" does exist. That's when you get ascended gameplay like killers spending 10 seconds squeezing past/getting around a bodyblocker early game instead of hitting them out of the way, huntresses out of hatchets getting run around for 5 gens instead of reloading, that sort of thing.