Ok devs, about prestige.

Does it do anything to the bloodwebs?

Does it increase the spawn rate of rare items?

Or is it really just the cosmetics?

I would really like a definitive word on this

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Supposedly it increases the rarity of stuff but honestly it's like 5% or something like that, it changes nothing really; given the amount you give up for it is far more than that 5% would ever get you.

    Unless you REALLY want a prestige skin for someone you really enjoy, there is not really any point in doing so. It's just to give you something more to do when you have nothing else otherwise to do.


    Edit: My Demogorgon is prestige 3 because I wanted the skin, but it has done nothing for me noticeably otherwise except eat up all my bloodpoints lol.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Supposedly it increases the rarity of stuff but honestly it's like 5% or something like that, it changes nothing really; given the amount you give up for it is far more than that 5% would ever get you.

    Unless you REALLY want a prestige skin for someone you really enjoy, there is not really any point in doing so. It's just to give you something more to do when you have nothing else otherwise to do.

    Yeah, see... that's exactly the issue. "Supposedly".

    There's too many suppositions about it. I need a yes or no from someone who actually knows it.

    Because as little as 5%, or whatever it might be, sound, it WILL inevitably pay for itself in the long run

  • I already showed you what I obtained at prestige 3 while leveling for all perks and the bloodweb changes. Mind stop posting these kinda threads every week or so. Either prestige or don't.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    I already showed you what I obtained at prestige 3 while leveling for all perks and the bloodweb changes. Mind stop posting these kinda threads every week or so. Either prestige or don't.

    You can check my profile, I don't post these kind of threads every week.

    And I don't remember you showing me those and don't know why you think your personal experience should prove anything

  • There was a guy who tested this for like 400 Bloodwebs on Prestige 0 & 3.

    I only remember the increase of Ultra Rares being around 2%.

  • You get rarer addons more frequently as you prestige. Bloodpoint offerings seem to increase as well. I can't give a definitive number but I'd say anywhere between 10 and 20% more frequently. It's good for killers who need good addons to do well with, like trapper, wraith, etc. There's really no reason to prestige survivors imo. Items can be farmed and the prestige cosmetics are a little ugly. This saves a ton of bloodpoints for obvious reasons.

  • Its unnoticeable and the devs have never given us real numbers on prestige in 3 years.

    Best to assume its just skins.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/873098#Comment_873098

    Yeah, see... that's exactly the issue. "Supposedly".

    There's too many suppositions about it. I need a yes or no from someone who actually knows it.

    Because as little as 5%, or whatever it might be, sound, it WILL inevitably pay for itself in the long run

    It only affects item rarity though, so the like million BP or w/e it is to level to 50, by the time it has "paid for itself" you would have already have every perk for that killer and everything anyways, on top of moved on to spend points on another killer.

    There is no reason to do it in that sense, as I said the only real reasons are for the skins or something to do, that is what it's intentions are primarily- to give people who have pretty much everything already something to work towards.

    Mathematically the points it costs to prestige one time, you would have to level that character to 50 like 20 times before it actually earned you back what you spent in terms of unlocks, if it was 5% and as the guy said earlier it's closer to like 2% so more like level to 50 around 50 times lol

  • It's very slight and not enough to see much of a difference if any most of the time.

    What they have said is they don't want to make it so people feel they need to prestige for better items in the web and want to keep it purely optional for those that want too.