Devs according to your stats every killer needs to be nerfed....
I know this isn't the case, but it's what literally everyone is saying over on the steam forums and such because of how that information is portrayed. Seriously, the disclaimer should have been watermarked across the sheet itself or something people believe exactly what they see right now and even if you tell them otherwise they insist it's wrong because the stat sheet says "killers too stronk".
Any chance of an actual stat sheet showing what the %s are that you currently use? I saw a post saying they were all around 50% but the ones you posted show way higher so I assume there are variables included in what you actually look at vs what you posted?...
Just trying to understand; and having a post I could link to explain it to the people trying to weaponize your stat sheet, so I don't have to explain every single time that it's a broad example not a specific and strict one.
Comments
I agree I think a disclaimer put on them would stave the constant posts by some but until that time I would ignore the posters and let them rant or copy and paste the link to the answer Peanits gave showing them how wrong they are.
It does say "Please keep in mind that numbers are not everything; there are a whole bunch of factors that could influence these numbers." but I think it needs to be at the top and in big bold writing.
Stats will always be used by those that cant think outside the box to fit what they want to believe. Unfortunately nothing will ever change that.
The stats doesn't show that every killer needs to be nerfed. It's showing that every killer is better than what some killer mains would lead you to believe, even the quote on quote worst killers in the game that are absolute trash. But the majority are not over performing.
I think those are the stats they "use", but they also balance around a lot more things than just killrate. Common sense is usually more important than flat numbers.
"But according to the stats released by BHVR killers have a 60-70% kill rate that is way over 50% they are obviously OP and devs are favoring killers and ignoring survivor players"
Literally what I have been hearing non stop since the stats dropped.
I agree, but the problem is the lack of that.
There are a ton of confused people taking this at face value now, and it's causing some easily avoided drama.
Here go take a look and see how many people are really confused trying to make sense of it all and drumming up huge exaggerations:
That is some impressive sensationalism right there. Some of those people should be journalists.
You're right, of course, that there are a lot of people taking these stats way too seriously and acting like they're the be-all and end-all of game balancing. But as @twistedmonkey mentioned, common sense is a skill that cannot always be taught.
Their goal was 2 kills on average. 60-70% is within 2 kill range because a survivor equals 25% of the kill count. If a killer was at or above 75% kill average they are over performing. 60-70% range is all killers are in a pretty healthy state. Straight up 50% isn't going to happen, and below that is not good for killers.
50% is their target goal they've said that several times, though other things are considered which is why it's fine for some to be above....but none of that is shown here of course.
You are missing the point though, what is and what people think are two different things and the latter is the problem in this case. People are probably going to need more information or you are going to have a wild spread of misinformation and confusion.
I am not disagreeing with what you say really, I want to make that clear, it's about being careful with how information is presented going forward, that's all.
If killers were only averaging 50% kills then I'd say that means survivors are too strong. Survivors aren't supposed to be making it out as a whole team every game. You're supposed to swear to make it out against the killer, that's what the whole purpose of a horror multiplayer game is
I'm a bit tired so I kind of just skimmed over the original post tbh. lol Also any time I've heard them talk about the target goal it's always been 2 kills, I don't remember them saying 50%. I mean they might have said both at some point for all I know. But I know they said 2 kills being average is what they aim for so that's what I went with.
But yeah, people on both sides need to calm down. Instead just complain more about the emblem system being trash instead of their balance. :3
Both are pretty much the same thing but yeah.
I am just saying that people are going to start using this as ammunition, it will intimidate and confuse newcomers as well, especially if they use the steam and not the official DBD forums because the misinformation over there is rampant.
Yeah. At this point the devs really should simply expect that there is always that portion of a community that conists out of people with the IQ of a doorknob.
I think you ought to remember that they "aim" for a 50% /2k per game for killers. It being higher does not mean the killer is overperforming at all. 50% is simply the number BHVR landed on for the most basic of balance. Apparently, people read too far into that and think that because it isn't right on or very close to that, that every kill is overperforming and it justifies what people think
In a way you could say that, the closer any specific killer is to 50%, the more weak they actually are.
That's a bit newer than mine, mine was just a little bit before they released their "stats" I think they were talking about how the nurse was like the worst killer on console at green ranks, but really strong at red ranks on pc. And someone asked about other killers and how they were all so weak and they said that no killer performs lower than 2 kills per average and that was their balance. I'm paraphrasing of course. I'm too lazy to go look it up honestly, especially with me about to leave. But I'll certainly add it to my memory, that they've also said 50% is their goal which to me isn't good, I like around 60-70% range. Means they are strong enough to be a threat, but survivors can actually escape sometimes.
Though more data would be nice, you got the people who are like. Those survivors are potatoes, or the killer used a Mori, or survivors committed suicide. Blah Blah. And I'm like k that's what happens.