Nurse mains, how often is Lightburn a problem?

I read up that the Nurse can be Lightburned while holding a Blink to be forced into an early fatigue. How often does this happen, and how frustrating is it actually? I’m still learning Nurse, but it’s never happened to me and I’ve never been able to burn one as Surv. I’d like to know how big a deal it actually is.

(Also, I found out that Blinking is very painful for the Nurse. That’s why she screams and why she enters fatigue afterwards—the pain exhausts her. Isn’t that effed up?)

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Not a nurse main, but it's not very common, especially now. It was much more noticeable when insta-blinds were a thing. Now you'd have to stand close and hold the flashlight for so long that the nurse could very easily just blink the short distance and hit you before you could blind her. You can also just look away while charging your blink and completely counter it.

    So basically it'll never happen unless you let it happen.

  • @Peanits said:
    Not a nurse main, but it's not very common, especially now. It was much more noticeable when insta-blinds were a thing. Now you'd have to stand close and hold the flashlight for so long that the nurse could very easily just blink the short distance and hit you before you could blind her. You can also just look away while charging your blink and completely counter it.

    So basically it'll never happen unless you let it happen.

    Wait, you can look away to shield yourself from it? Isn’t the whole thing with Lightburn the fact that you can shine the light on anywhere for the Killer to get burned?

  • @No_Mither_No_Problem said:

    @Peanits said:
    Not a nurse main, but it's not very common, especially now. It was much more noticeable when insta-blinds were a thing. Now you'd have to stand close and hold the flashlight for so long that the nurse could very easily just blink the short distance and hit you before you could blind her. You can also just look away while charging your blink and completely counter it.

    So basically it'll never happen unless you let it happen.

    Wait, you can look away to shield yourself from it? Isn’t the whole thing with Lightburn the fact that you can shine the light on anywhere for the Killer to get burned?

    You may be right about that part. I know it's that way for the wraith, but it's been a very long time since I've done it to a nurse.

    Still, the time it takes to blind is pretty long, and to be within blinding range she would only have to charge the blink for a very short period of time, giving you little to no chance to get that burn off before she can blink to you and hit you.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Nurse main here (about 350+ hrs on her) and it has never happened to me. I know it exists but it is really hard to do. 
  • @No_Mither_No_Problem said:

    @Peanits said:
    Not a nurse main, but it's not very common, especially now. It was much more noticeable when insta-blinds were a thing. Now you'd have to stand close and hold the flashlight for so long that the nurse could very easily just blink the short distance and hit you before you could blind her. You can also just look away while charging your blink and completely counter it.

    So basically it'll never happen unless you let it happen.

    Wait, you can look away to shield yourself from it? Isn’t the whole thing with Lightburn the fact that you can shine the light on anywhere for the Killer to get burned?

    Well looking away also means that you cant teleport towards the survivor unless you do a 180 teleport, guessing where he is.

    I am not a pro nurse, but I played against several competent survivors who managed to make chasing them so hard that I just ignored them. It didnt happen that often though, requires some skill and knowledge how nurse works and a lot of survivors dont really learn how to play killer on a high level

  • Yeah first hand experience as a Wraith. You can indeed be Lightburned when you're not looking at the person.

    As for Nurse, only ever seen it pulled off once in recent matches and I'm fairly certain it was because the Nurse in question was fairly new to the killer.

    Quicky caveat, hold off on buying all those expensive customizations until you're certain you like the killer.
  • Also, when you shine a flashlight at the nurse, she can't use her blink ability.