Xbox and PC Crossplay?

Im a PC player and my friend is a Xbox player is it possible that we can Crossplay still? or is that not possible at the time?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • The devs did release a survey asking people what they would think about crossplay. Honestly I would be ok with it as long as you can transfer your stuff from one platform to the other. I want to transfer my stuff from Xbox to PC and I'm sure a lot of other people on console feel this way so crossplay does seem highly probable.

    It might take them a while thou.

  • @Vannila22

    That's currently not possible at this time, right now the only cross-play DBD is able to do is with the microsoft store version of DBD and the steam version of DBD.

    They're looking into future cross-play and cross-progression for console as well, but at the moment this isn't possible to do. (Also, Xbox Game Pass also doesn't allow cross-play when getting the PC version through it... so no to that as well.)

  • I think they should work on Xbox and Ps4 crossplay before console to PC, console to console makes sense as Sony and Microsoft crossplay is now official.

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    I think they should work on Xbox and Ps4 crossplay before console to PC, console to console makes sense as Sony and Microsoft crossplay is now official.

    Right, but at this time we have no cross-play. So sadly that's not possible at the moment, but the future will tell us the answer!

  • I don't think crossplay for PC/console should ever be a thing. The technical standards and hardware differences make it different for both sides. This means that a PC survivor could EASILY 360 an Xbox killer, and a PC Huntress/Nurse/Clown can do much better than console killers.

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/869725#Comment_869725

    Right, but at this time we have no cross-play. So sadly that's not possible at the moment, but the future will tell us the answer!

    It's in their mind and it's definitely a future possibility as considering the community wants it.

  • @Hanselpup said:

    I don't think crossplay for PC/console should ever be a thing. The technical standards and hardware differences make it different for both sides. This means that a PC survivor could EASILY 360 an Xbox killer.

    That depends, controller has a lot of benefits for 360ing and other movements that Keyboard and Mouse doesn't.

    But for the most part, Keyboard is superior to Controller yes.

  • @Hanselpup said:

    I don't think crossplay for PC/console should ever be a thing. The technical standards and hardware differences make it different for both sides. This means that a PC survivor could EASILY 360 an Xbox killer.

    Well, I don't know about that.

    I agree that the specs and hardware could be harder built or have more loaded in it (you get what you pay for)

    but I wouldn't be as cocky to say ''ez console players ez kill gg ez"/

  • @OMagic_ManO said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/869736#Comment_869736

    It's in their mind and it's definitely a future possibility as considering the community wants it.

    It will most likely happen yes, but at this time it is not a thing.

    That's all the OP is asking basically.

  • Crossplay for Xbox/PS4 would be amazing, I’m surprised it’s not already a thing. Hopefully this is in the works. I’ve played the game since it’s early inception on PC, I absolutely love it. I also play on PS4 and am considering getting it on Xbox too, shorter lobbies benefit everyone.