I can beat it, it’s just boring to play against

This is the lamest excuse, and I’ve been seeing it a lot lately.

Iri hatchets, forever Freddy, any Legion, Spirit, etc etc etc. People DC and then try to make themselves feel better, like they know they could have won but chose not to... yeah right. I guess we’ll be seeing them first hook kill themself soon sigh

Comments

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/871681#Comment_871681

    Given a month until it's reset I'd still have at least 3 relatively light punishment (30 minutes or less) tiers simply because some people have a good non-crash and non-ingame reason to DC from irl matters, such as if they are a parent.

    If it's a weak reset then it can afford to ramp up faster of course and the less time it takes to reset the faster it can ramp with at least 1 light initial punishment regardless of the reset timeframe.

    I keep seeing this, “real life comes first,” excuse rife DCing and I agree kids or family stuff should definitely come first.

    But why do you have to DC? If you’re mid match and hear your wife call for help why can’t you just get up and walk away?

    FYI the best reply I’ve gotten to that question so far is “I shouldn’t have to pay for electricity on a game I’m not playing.”

  • Death is not an escape.

    But feel free to DC or suicide on hook at your convenience.

    -Bhvr

  • Ehh, I dunno. On one hand I totally understand you and a lot of DC's are for pathetic reasons by li'l babas that can't handle not winning.

    On the other hand though, if someone picks IH Huntress or Prayer Beads Spirit with a mori and then survivors DC, I'm reeeeally not gonna go 'say whaaaaat? No way! But this match will be so much fun?!'

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I don’t know, there are some legitimately boring things to go against in this game. Being slugged for long periods of time and snoozefest Freddy are good examples. And on the killer side, have you ever gone against a team of ultra immersed survivors? So boring that as soon as I catch one I’m camping them to death because camping is less boring than searching every patch of scrubby grass on the map for a hiding Claudette.

    Though that said I agree that some people overuse “boring” when they mean to say that they don’t like something. E.g. facing Spirit isn’t really boring even if you hate her because at least you’ll typically die fast.

    Right, a team of blendettes trying to outhide each other and never actually do gens is just a waste of time so I can see a DC there. Against Iri hatchets I play it out, if 2 of my teammates DC immediately then I may run at the killer and let them get me, at least then maybe the 4th can get hatch.

    But yes, people overuse the excuse. Insta Billy, regular spirit or nurse without insane addons, those are strong and people would rather say boring and DC then try the challenge.

    Forever Freddy and to an extend plague with Thana and Dying light are slow but again it’s just a different challenge lasting long enough when gens take 2 minutes instead of 1:20

  • @malloymk said:

    Death is not an escape.

    But feel free to DC or suicide on hook at your convenience.

    -Bhvr

    Death is not an escape, but DCing is.

1 2 ›