HELP ! I'm soo bad with the clown...
Hi guys !
I'm a main killer and i love the clown's gameplay but...
When i'm after rank 10, it's still impossible to me to get some kills. If i get one it's good.
I reached some times rank one and have around 1000 hours of play so i know some things about the game's rules.
Normally, i'm a doctor player and i still love play Freddy and the Hag.
But i have a lot of problems with this clown who a lot of peoples are saying he's ok at high ranks.
I have a lot of problems to know when i have to throw my bottles and which build and add-ons are good on him when you know how to use your power.
Any good clowns or good survivors who don't like the clown can help me ?
I really want to improve my clown's skill.
Comments
Every Clown I see tends to do the same thing; they try to play him like Huntress or Doc by attempting to hit directly or near a survivor in a chase. IMO this is only valuable if you are chasing them through corn or something. Better Clowns have learned to throw the bottles to block paths and force survivors in certain directions.
You should be using your power to "corral" survivors where you want them to go. Hitting them with the gas definitely helps, but that shouldn't always be your focus.
for clown use your bottles to close off upcoming loops or vaults
like if you chase them to the killer shack before you go inside just bottle the window
Don't directly aim for people. Either condemn windows, or throw them in pathways and loops they are gonna take.
Equip Brutal Strength, as a lot of people do early drop pallets against him due to his slow.
Get BBQ if you can, as he's a decent roaming killer and a pretty average camping killer.
NOED is also a plus.
All of the above, plus you can throw a bottle ahead of someone right before you hit them, which helps mitigate the sprint they get after being hit. It can also lead to them getting stuck in a corner trying to go around the cloud, like a reverse Hag camera flick.
Thanks all for your ton of advices. I saw, with what you said, i totally try to play him like my doc. I try to "punish" and to touch the survivors with my bottles and don't try so much to control a chase with it. I'll train that when i'll have time.
What? You realise it's a pink addon that lets you instadown right? Headshots just increase the blur a little and give you more points.