Does anyone agree that the game is biased towards Killers ?

I originally started playing the game due to its licenced killers 2 years ago, not so much because I migrated from the online playing community on PS4.

I say that to say I play exclusively as a killer particularly licenced killer and I can't help but notice the biased in the games design and overall community in regards to catering to the survivor playing experience as opposed to killer.

Why is there a double standard in unsportsman like behavior among killers and not survivors ?How is is tunneling not ok but Looping and gen rushing is perfectly acceptable and expected every session ? I have survivors trolling me at they end of my session because of the type of perks I have. So apparently there's an unofficial rule that says NOED is cheating but its perfectly acceptable to gen rush and loop through multiple sessions. And the higher in rank you go the more its a crutch that survivors use to go up in ranks

I can't help but notice there's a weird entitlement that's been created in the community among the Survivors.

Apparently if I don't play to the standards of the survivors that basically allows them to a Better chance at surviving then I'll be trolled at he end of he session the majority of the time. If i am not far enough away from a survivor by the time someone one gets them down I'll be trolled at the end if the session

And why is it so ridiculously difficult to rank up as a killer? I play as killer and my roommate plays as survivor. I've been playing the game longer then him and the means in which he ranks up compared to my killer rank is ridiculous and he's not even a gamer.

Why is the game design and even communal altitudes biased towers killers as opposed to survivors .

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I agree with you except for the looping part as looping is the only way to stay alive. As a killer main (who also plays some survivor) without looping every game would be a 4k. The reason being it takes 80 seconds for a gen if you just got to pallets and threw them you would be wasting 20 seconds max running to pallets but if you loop your wasting a lot more time. If pallets were unlimited then you wouldn't have to loop but looping is made so you can by time even the devs have pointed out looping is a strategy you should use just like killers should mind game loops where you can.

  • swf breaks the game but what you gonna do.

  • @CandyBard said:

    I may be experiencing a different perspective, since I play both killer and survivor on XBOX, but from what I can tell, there is an inherent idea among people who only play survivor that believes that certain killer perks is unfair. There are people on the killer side that believe certain perks are unfair that survivors use.

    I play both sides, and I can tell from your post, since you've outright stated you only play killer, you dont understand certain aspects of gameplay, for the survivor. You should try playing as survivor with your room mate-- it might help give you a broader perspective on the issues you're having.

    For example, when I only played survivor, I thought BBQ&Chili was horrendously OP. To the point where I thought it would be a game changer for me, and bought it in the shrine at the first opportunity I got. Once I started using it, I realized how underwhelming it was. The only perks I still have problems with, after playing both teams for some length of time (highest rank I've reached for Survivor/Killer is 2/8 respectively, so there is still some bias there), are Spirit Fury, and Franklin's Demise. Survivors have abundant counters to hex perks, crutch perks, and one-hit kills, as well as campers. Inversely, Killers also have those hexes, crutch perks, and one hit abilities to counteract gen rushing, extended loops, and pallet abuse.

    But to be honest with you, as much as I hate getting looped for a gen or two, I find it hard to blame the people getting chased-- the game's objective has you looking for a generator, then holding a button for 80 seconds, with occasional checks to make sure you havent flatlined with a death grip on your mouse button.

    Therefore, my advice to you, is to try to play both sides of the game. If you find that you dont enjoy survivor, at least you have that newfound perspective. But worst case scenario? Ignore the people who complain about something stupid. Its their fault for losing, after all.

    Playing both sides is most differently the answer but don't think it will fix every thing the devs have it in a way where u can tell good Perks from bad perks a god plays/actions and the microwave potato so don't be afraid to use the perks u like or have to there literally no other way to win on both sides because no one's using soul survivor or best of pray

1 2 ›