Is it just me, or...?

Is it rude to be a top 10 ranked survivor and drag a rank 20 (or two) along in a swf match? I mean, I'm sure they know what they're getting into, but while I really don't consider myself a very good killer, I feel like I just bullied some newbies in my last match 😂

Comments

  • Isn't it a bit unfair, if a rank 10 killer gotta face three rank ones and one rank 10? That's how the matchmaking was before.

  • It really isn’t rude but you should at least be noice

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    Isn't it a bit unfair, if a rank 10 killer gotta face three rank ones and one rank 10? That's how the matchmaking was before.

    Guess I wasn't aware of how it was before. Regardless, I'm not saying they should change matchmaking at all. I just feel like people should let their friends get a feel for the game before dragging them into a match they're quite obviously not prepared for lol

  • @Toxic_Plag said:

    It really isn’t rude but you should at least be noice

    I mean, if I would've known they were rank 20's I probably would've cut em a little slack... But there's no way to know until after the match. So I just did what I usually do and I doubt they had a good time, and now I kinda feel bad lol

  • @JesseJH28 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/860609#Comment_860609

    Guess I wasn't aware of how it was before. Regardless, I'm not saying they should change matchmaking at all. I just feel like people should let their friends get a feel for the game before dragging them into a match they're quite obviously not prepared for lol

    I agree.

  • It's better than the old matchmaking. Don't worry.

    If you notice during the match that you are facing newbies, you can play generously, of course.

  • I try to go easy on survivors who seem to be struggling in my matches. If they keep running right into me, they're either really inexperienced or they're having a very unlucky game. I wish I knew for sure when really low ranked survivors were in my lobby so I could try to give them a fun match, because sometimes I do mistake newbie immersion for deliberate selfishness and then I feel bad for killing them.

  • @nononono said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/860609#Comment_860609

    If you’re going to be snarky, at least be correct. A rank 10 with rank 1s would actually be a rank 5 killer. Which is a lot more fair than a rank 20 with a rank 10 killer or a rank 20 with a rank 1 killer.

    eitherway even in your scenerio no it’s not even the same thing. There are plenty of bad survivors who don’t know anything and die fast and easily. At least being a killer, you can’t die. You control how the game goes and don’t get to be kicked out of the game within 2 minutes.

    i for one have friends and a girlfriend who like this game. I play this game a lot and used to have my girlfriend play with me but ever since they switched the SWF matchmaking for whatever crazy reason they did that for, she doesn’t play the game anymore. She can’t handle being at red or purple ranks with me as she’s a rank 16 who doesn’t know much. She switched off to try out killer right after the update went live and played it a little but wasn’t too good at it, plus doesn’t like just playing alone so she just doesn’t play this game anymore. Same with my other friends.

    at least before, it was average of ranks which was fair. But a low rank survivor paired with a high ranked killer vs a low ranked killer paired with a high ranked survivor is quite different considering the survivor can easily be killed and not even get to play the game out. All they do is run and don’t even look back and just throwing every pallet they see even if the killer is 20 feet away lmao

    I did inform myself. When the rank 10 created the lobby, the matchmaker used the rank 10 for the matchmaking. The old matchmaking was also abuseable, because a rank 10 killer is unable to catch a rank 5 survivor by any means.